- Responsible for having the right people in the right place at the right time
- Effectively managing time to recruit, labour turnover and cost of hire while ensuring that all colleagues have the right attitude, as well as the right skills
- Own all induction and on-boarding arrangements in the business.
- Proactively contribute to the organisational design of Boux Avenue, ensuring that a lean and effective organisation is in place to deliver current and future business needs
- Lead regular succession planning exercises across the business to ensure that all roles have identified successors and the business has a strong pipeline of talent
- Responsible for producing monthly reporting to the Group HR Director and CEO
- Establish metrics to monitor trends, communicate progress and measure success
- Champion the brands culture and ensure it is positively and firmly embedded in the business
- Own and develop the business employee brand to enable the successful attraction and retention of colleagues
- Ensure the employee brand aligns with the business’s commercial brand, and the core values and
- Champion increased colleague recognition and engagement, with a view to creating a company people really want to work for, and demonstrate the link between high engagement and high performance
Leadership and Management Development
- Proactively identify leadership and management development needs and work with the Group HR Director and Learning and Development to create and deliver robust and effective programmes and interventions
- Ensure all managers understand the business’s core values and behaviours, and are able to apply them consistently across the business when leading and managing teams
- Ensure all managers have the necessary technical and commercial skills to succeed in their roles
- Coach and support managers across the business
Training and Development
- Proactively identify Training and Development needs and create and deliver robust and effective programmes and interventions.
- Champion the Group’s Apprenticeship initiatives in the business and ensure they deliver clear commercial value as well as an enhanced reputation for the business.
- Ensure all training is robustly evaluated with benefits clearly articulated to the business.
- Act as the Champion of Training and Development in the business.
- Support the successful accreditation program from City & Guilds regarding Bra fitting in store, ensuring the brand is compliant for the annual review of this accreditation
- Implement, own and manage the Performance and Development Review (appraisal) process within the business
- Ensure that consistently good performance and behaviour is both recognised and rewarded and that poor performance or behaviour is addressed promptly and fairly
- Leadership and management of all employee relations issues, across a wide group of colleagues ensuring line managers have the appropriate skills and advice required to deliver a consistently fair and productive working environment
- Ensure professional knowledge, practice and compliance is demonstrated to ensure the business is duly protected from potential tribunal claims
Pay, Reward and Policy
- Proactively contribute to the design and development of pay, reward and policy arrangements for the Brand and in line with the TPRG principles.
- Own and manage any business specific pay, reward and policy arrangements, ensuring alignment with both Group policy and business objectives.
- Lead and manage an annual review of pay and reward across the business.
- Ensure that employee data is "right first time, every time" and that accurate reports are run, and acted upon.
- Manage all employee administration activities in the business (except payroll) and develop and maintain a strong working relationship with the Group Finance function
Skills and Experience
- Will have worked in an HR management role in a fast-moving fashion business.
- Proven experience of running a commercially focussed HR team and contributing to the business agenda in a customer facing business (ideally retail).
- Able to work effectively with colleagues to create a "joined up" approach to development, resourcing and policy across the Group.
- Able to provide effective advice and guidance to senior line managers while maintaining a strong and effective working relationship where managers want to seek advice.
- Proven ability to advise coach and encourage a team of senior managers, store managers and HR colleagues.
- Very good project management skills.
- Able to prioritise, organise, and report back accurately and concisely.
- Has vision and creativity and the ability to constructively challenge conventional thinking.
- Strong decision maker, agile and resilient are characteristics that are vital to being successful in the role
- Self-confident and mature individual who will be able to establish and sustain strong working relationships with the brand CEO, Group HR Director, Senior Managers in Boux Avenue, Store Managers, the HR team and individual colleagues
- Highly adaptable and pragmatic but able to "stand their ground" on a point of law or principle when required.
- Commercially astute
- Understands that the customer is at the centre of everything we do but we will only be successful if colleagues have the right attitude, as well as the right skills, and are well managed and trained
- Gets involved and gets things done
- Although the individual will have a team of HR professionals this is a hands-on role in a hands-on organisation
- There are very few "committees" and no hiding places
- High levels of energy and enthusiasm, but able to remain calm and focussed in a pressurised situation
- No ego
- This is a customer and results focussed business where the individual will be one part of a critical team and can expect high levels of both challenge and support on all aspects of their remit
- If you want to "tell us what to do because you are the expert" then this is not the role for you!
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'