Head of HR - Sparx
12 months Fixed Term Contract - Interim Maternity Cover
Baker Snell are delighted to be partnering with Oxygen House to recruit a key member of their HR team.
Oxygen House is a dynamic mix of established companies and start-ups, whose specialties include impact investment, property, renewable energy and clean tech, education technology, city planning and data analytics. Their business model mobilises financial, scientific, mathematical and engineering expertise capital in pursuit of a better-educated, carbon-neutral society and a more prosperous world.
This role will mainly focus on the business needs of Sparx within the Oxygen House group. Sparx is a scientifically driven and research based educational technology company going through an exciting period of growth and transformation.
The Head of HR will play a pivotal role in the strategic planning for Sparx working closely with the co-founders and senior management team to drive the business forward whilst upholding the core values and aims of the group.
Areas of focus will cover strategic organisational design and development, change management, talent acquisition, leading a team as well as remaining hands on with day-to-day general HR matters.
- Strategic lead in organisational design and development
- Advising and assisting with the implementation of structural change associated with growth
- Head up executive level appointments and oversee HR team to support all other recruitment needs
- Providing general HR support and advice in an accessible manner
- Demonstrate experience in a similar level role or as a Business Partner looking for the next stage in personal development
- Ability to work autonomously and build excellent relationships with senior stakeholders
- CIPD or equivalent qualification with exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Consultative and approachable communication style with a high level of emotional intelligence
This is an exciting time to work with an innovative and dynamic employer in a key strategic role that combines project and generalist duties. If you have the experience and skills to support and help drive the growth of this business we want to hear from you.
Their award-winning offices in Exeter have a range of on-site facilities that are available to everyone in the Oxygen House team. There’s an all-weather outdoor pitch for netball, football and tennis, an on-site gym offering regular fitness classes, a pool table, a table tennis table and a café serving delicious, local, and organic food.
To find out more about this opportunity please contact Helen Baker or Claire Snell, recruitment partners to Oxygen House, at Baker Snell by sending your CV and supporting statement. Please note any direct applications will be sent to Baker Snell.
- Change Management
- Strategic HR
- CIPD qualified
- Talent Acquisition
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job