We have a newly created opportunity for a Head of HR to join at a Group level within Whitbread. You will provide a strategic HR partnership to the Executive Directors and their leadership team during a time of exciting transformational change.
Whitbread is the UK's leading hospitality company in the FTSE 100 including brands such as Costa Coffee, Beefeater & Premier Inn. By 2020, our goal is to achieve global system sales of around £2.5bn for Costa, and to increase the number of Premier Inn UK rooms to an incredible 85,000. All while creating around 3,000 UK jobs a year and continuing to expand our presence worldwide. There has never been a more exciting time to Whitbread!
What you will be doing
- Develop and implement a comprehensive people plan for our Group function that aligns to business plans and key drivers with a focus on delivering business transformation and organisation change, developing a shared identity and culture across Whitbread
- Deliver change at scale and at pace
- Directly manage elements of major change programs including strategic restructuring, senior talent moves and appointments, team and organisational effectiveness.
- Support the Talent & OE Director on Enterprise wide OE projects that relate to the areas being supported by this role, and supporting senior leaders in shaping their vision for change and ensuring their teams and stakeholders are bought in.
- Lead calibration and succession planning across our Executive Directors to ensure there is proactive pipeline development, succession and talent planning across short, medium and long term horizons; prepare leaders for the CEO talent reviews.
- Enable Whitbread to attract, hire and retain diverse business teams with the right capability, creativity and leadership.
- Ensure effective plans are in place across all Whitbread Group functions teams to maximise employee engagement and improve ongoing enablement in support centre.
- Support difficult and exceptional ER cases through to successful conclusions ensuring Whitbread policies are adhered to and business continuity is supported
- Act as an influential and trusted partner with Executive Directors, providing expert guidance on specific issues and coaching leadership team and senior managers to ensure understanding, and delivery, of the people plan
- Lead Group functions HR team with effective line management, coaching and support
- Build connections across the different aspects of the team – Business Partners, Resourcers, graduate programs and L&D
What we are looking for
- Extensive experience of working closely with senior leadership teams and driving effective performance
- Understands and able to influence HR strategy development, ability to question and challenge the status quo
- Previous experience leading complex change within a FTSE250 company
- Strong generalist HR background, able to shape and deliver strategic change at pace
- Comprehensive knowledge of managing HR projects and programmes
- Can act as provocateur, confidently challenging senior managers based on their own point of view
- Proven leadership skills and the ability to develop high performing teams
- Confident providing advice to senior managers on complex Employment Relations issues
- Strong personal values and high levels of integrity
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job