We have an exciting opportunity for a passionate Head of HR to join this leading organisation based in Bromley. You will have extensive experience of leading a HR team and delivering strategic and operational HR within the Leisure sector.
This is a 1 FTC
- Lead, build and develop an outstanding People Services team; ensuring the team is focused on delivering a high quality, customer focused, efficient support to the business;
- Lead, coach and manage the People Services team: conducing regular 1:1, effectively manage team and individual development and performance reviews;
- Engage effectively with People colleagues and wider business stakeholders to fully understand the business requirement of the People Service;
- Act as champion for service excellence and customer interface across the People team;
- Ensure the activities of the People Services team are effectively delivered through an appropriate set of key processes and modern practices, contributing to policy and process reviews as necessary;
- Engage and collaborate with People colleagues and the wider business to develop, implement and continuously review performance metrics, SLAs and reporting criteria relating to the delivery of key People Services;
- Foster a progressive, effective and flexible working environment that allows colleagues to develop;
- Have a comprehensive knowledge and awareness of appropriate legal compliance requirements and apply as appropriate;
- Contribute to development of a People Information Systems and collaborate with IT and Workforce Information and Systems manager to drive the People roadmap, ensuring systems provide an effective platform supporting People processes, including fit for purpose reporting and management toolkits;
- Manage third party providers (e.g. recruitment and benefits), setting SLAs and monitoring
- As a team, work with People Leads and People Management Team to ensure consistent
communication and implementation of People initiatives, policy and process across the business;
- Lead and manage People projects from initiation through to implementation;
- Demonstrate and value continuous professional development, seek opportunities to network professionally and extend own knowledge/skills set;
- Overall accountability for the development and delivery of HR activities including strategy,
resourcing, training, reward and recognition, performance management, succession, communication and engagement;
- Partnering with both the Strategic Leadership Team, Senior Management Group and HR professionals to manage growth, technical and managerial competence development, organisational and employee performance to ensure the achievement of the strategy based on building, investing and growing;
- Developing and implementing change management initiatives to drive organisational effectiveness and growth;
- Performance management and continuous development of the People Services team;
- First point of contact for all acquisitions and TUPE activity including the delivery of cultural change and employee engagement initiatives.
Person Specification: Skills, Knowledge, Experience and Qualifications
- Previous experience of leading a People Services team including setting team and individual performance objectives, monitoring and evaluating performance deliverables, effective communication and inspiring excellence;
- Solid up-to-date knowledge of employment legislation;
- People Project or programme management experience;
- Excellent interpersonal and customer relationship skills;
- Process excellence knowledge and expertise;
- Solutions driven mind set with the ability to resolve issues entirely, through colleagues or, if
- necessary, personally to enable delivery to deadline;
- Strong team player with a can do attitude;
- Ability to create and adapt pragmatic, effective solutions that work for the business;
- Strong planning and time management skills, with demonstrable ability to prioritise effectively;
- Confidence in managing People scorecards, developing management information relevant to
- organisational objectives;
- Experience of HRIS (e.g. SAP, Recruitment Applicant Tracking systems, Learning Management
- Systems) and competent in the use of IT packages including Microsoft Excel.
- Desirable Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Experience of Core HRIS;
- Experience of working in a multi disciplined organisation; and Operational experience as a People generalist, particularly HR Manager and Senior HR Business Partner.
- Educated to degree level, or equivalent; and CIPD qualified with Professional membership, as well as committed to continual professional development.
Assertive Solutions is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy and are committed to equality and opportunity for all candidates.
Due to the high volume of applicants it is not always possible to respond to every application personally. If you have not been contacted within 7 days then you have not been successful on this occasion, however we may hold your CV on file in consideration for alternative vacancies that arise.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job