Head of History required for secondary school in Margate, Kent. MPS/UPS + TLR 2b. Start September 2018
Head of History
MPS/UPS + TLR 2b
This is an excellent opportunity for a department leader with passion and enthusiasm to join our team at Hartsdown Academy. We are at a new phase of improvement and development and we are looking for staff to be part of this exciting journey.
This is an exciting opportunity to make your mark being the lead professional for this subject across the school. You will be successful in teaching and curriculum development in the 11-19 age range and have experience of developing clear strategies for ensuring students make progress.
The successful candidate will:
- Be an active member of the middle leadership team and set the direction of the development of Teaching and Learning throughout the school.
- Raise standards of student attainment and achievement within curriculum area and to monitor and support student progress
- Be responsible for the day-to-day management of staff within the designated curriculum area and act as a positive role model
- Ensure the high status of History throughout the school by running at least one History month per year.
In return we will offer you:
- An exciting environment where you can really make a difference
- Being part of a small local trust that is totally committed to its staff and children
- Significant opportunities for CPD and development
For more information about working with us, or to obtain an application pack please contact our recruitment partner, Hazel Baxter at Hays Education on or
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job