An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Head of Safety to join the country's largest logistics site based in Middlesex. The position will the number two to the Safety Director and manage a team of 6 Health & Safety Managers and will oversee the total team of 35 H&S professionals. The ideal candidate will have worked in a senior position; lead a team or high valued projects and be able to understand a variety of types of construction and civil engineering works.
- Lead and manage the H&S team in order to provide all business units with the relevant technical support across multiple projects.
- Working with Project Teams to ensure the highest standards of health & safety are met on Project sites
- Represent the company on associated government and trade association bodies.
- To advise the Director and Senior Management Team on the implications of current and emerging H&S legislation
- Develop and improve Health & Safety culture across the company
- Develop a culture of personal safety, best practice and innovation throughout the company
- Support the Safety Director with change and transformation projects.
- 5 years + experience working in Health & Safety
- NEBOSH Diploma, NVQ or NCRQ
- Minimum Grad IOSH, working towards CMIOSH
- Experienced in leadership and managerial position within a safety critical environment
- Experience working in a high-risk or heavy industry would be a distinct advantage
- Previous experience working with Trade Unions could be beneficial
Reference: PMu - 12029
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job