We have a fantastic new opportunity for a Head of Group Programme Management Office to join our new Technology and Change team here at Domestic & General. This is an exciting time to be part of a first class team, leading the business on a sizeable transformation journey. We have a requirement to implement a significant amount of change to the business and this role will be a crucial part of this.
One of the key functions within this team is the Project Office. Our Project Office is the central hub and heart for all our change activity in the business, being the single source of information for all projects and programmes within the remit of the Technology and Change team.
You will be an integral part of the Technology and Change leadership team, will lead and direct all PMO activity as well as manage the PMO team. As well as working closely with the Technology and Change team, you will also work closely with Project Owners across the business, and essentially bringing all the pieces of the puzzle together to achieve streamlined results. The Project Office is all about being dynamic. Not a typical reporting or policing function, it offers a whole lot more as we want it to continue to add value to the business and apply the right amount of challenge in the right areas.
On a day to day basis the role will involve:
* Implementing and continuously improving project management frameworks, processes and documents
* Defining success metrics and KPIs and producing concise, value add reporting
* Coordination of reporting cycles and packs
* Undertaking project assurance reviews and facilitating post project reviews
* Producing and managing Group level milestone plans and actively tracking and managing key dependencies
* Producing and managing Group level risks and issues and actively driving resolution
* Ensuring project delivery stays aligned with strategic business goals and priorities
* Working closely with the rest of the Technology and Change leadership team and be an effective contributor to the team
* Maintaining close relationships with our Executive Committee to help deliver the best results for the function and wider Domestic and General priorities
What we expect from you:
* We are looking for an outcome focused individual to bring "best in class" Project Office process, planning and control knowledge to the team, along with a huge passion for change.
* You will have exceptionally strong communication skills, stakeholder management skills with the ability to adapt your style to suit
* Will have previous experience of leading and coaching a team to success
* You will have a broad technology background as well as previous experience of delivering change, setting up and running a Project Office, ideally within the insurance or retail industry
In return we offer:
* A competitive salary plus an attractive bonus scheme
* 25 days holiday allowance, plus bank holidays
* Free life assurance
* Enhanced Pension scheme
* Discounts on Domestic and General products and services
* Great local employee discounts at shops, restaurants and gym
Why join Domestic and General?
Domestic and General are the UK's leading specialist warranty provider and have been in business for over 100 years, with a proud history of looking after people and their products when things go wrong. That could mean anything from making laundry happen again for one customer to getting the central heating back on for another. But there's more to us than that.
Major manufacturing, retail and financial services brands choose to work closely with us. Many independent vendors do too. Whoever we're working with, we tailor our approach to get the best results, while keeping our customers' interests at heart. We manage the whole warranty process, including appliance registration, mailing, contact centres, repair networks, in-house administration and claims handling.
Domestic & General are an equal opportunities employer, which means we treat people fairly. We view all applications equally, regardless of gender, colour, ethnic background, religion, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or marital/family status.