Eldon Insurance Services Ltd are now seeking a Head of Governance & Risk to manage a large team of people and run a traditional compliance work load, building up the risk management part of the business.
The successful individual will be an expert in general insurance and ideally car insurance, with a robust and in-depth knowledge and experience of the FCA Handbook and of a regulated business. The Head of Governance & Risk will manage the relationship with the FCA and other regulators, facilitating visits and dealing with requests for information.
The key functions of the role include;
- Take Expert knowledge of compliance and regulatory requirements across the FCA Handbook, industry compliance and legislation
- Advise the Board of Directors of risk and issues, and provide clear and timely guidance on the impact on new regulations and process changes
- Oversee and maintain the compliance framework and ensure processes are fair, controlled and compliant
- Build, embed and manage a robust, fit for purpose governance oversight structure
- Promote a culture of proactive compliance in line with the business strategy
- Manage the relationship with the FCA and other regulators, facilitating visits and dealing with requests for information
- Act as first point of contact for internal and external compliance and audit matters
- Oversee internal and external audits, and identify priority areas to ensure the business is compliant and operating in a safe environment
- Build relationships with leaders across the business to identify areas for improvement
- Manage a team of 30-35 individuals across compliance, risk, quality assurance and complaints teams
Skills and experience required;
- Proven Governance, Risk and Compliance Management experience within Financial Services
- Strong communicator with the ability to influence, lead and inspire
- In-depth knowledge of regulatory areas applicable to the business
- Experience of the FCA Handbook and in-depth knowledge of regulated business
- General knowledge of the insurance industry and how it operates i.e. products, institutions, which areas are regulated etc
- Thorough and comprehensive knowledge of the UK and regulatory environment surrounding collections, recoveries and customer contact environments
- External Company Ambassador - attending meetings with clients, regulatory bodies and other businesses relevant to the role
- Genuine passion for continuous improvement through building positive relationships with regulators and researching the compliance landscape
- The ability to multi task, prioritise and deliver to deadlines in a pressurised environment
Eldon offer a fantastic working environment, a competitive salary and benefits.
This is an exciting time to join the business and recruit key members into your team. If the role looks of interest to you, please apply and then contact Kate Groves at Eldon for any further information.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job