This Secondary school is a vibrant and innovative educational community in the heart of Redbridge and a short walk from Barkingside station. There is also free parking at the school. The school is passionate about raising aspirations and supporting each pupil to achieve their potential, they provide a high quality education with an added focus on Business and Enterprise.
Leadership is excellent and staff receives regular in-house training, shared resources. All the staff have the resources to support them in efficient lesson planning, marking and data management.
Head of Geography Key Responsibilities:
• To lead and manage teaching and support staff working in the Geography Department
• To develop and lead a stimulating and engaging curriculum for students learning Geography at all key stages
• To continue to improve the quality of teaching and learning in Geography
• Ensure monitoring and assessments across the Geography department are at the highest level to enable students to achieve challenging targets
As Head of Geography you will:
• Assist in the professional development of Geography teachers including inset training as required
• Supervise and support beginner teachers, Newly Qualified Teachers (NQTs) and other members of staff working within the Geography department
• Put together systems and strategies to effectively develop and monitor the Geography department
• Work closely with teaching and support staff to enhance student learning
• Ensure that the curriculum in Geography meets the needs of all learners
• Take responsibility for the line management, performance management and appraisal of staff within the Geography department
• Manage the department budget and resources effectively and efficiently
• Ensure that all members of the Geography department are equipped with effective strategies to prepare students for external examinations and internal assessments
• Organise appropriate intervention and enrichment opportunities to help accelerate progress and raise student attainment
You are required to have:
• Qualified Teachers Status (QTS) or overseas trained
• A legal right to work in the UK
• Experience of raising attainment within a high expectations culture
• Experience of establishing a high achieving department within a large and complex school environment
• Experience of leading, coaching and managing staff
• Delivered consistently outstanding lessons to students at all key stages
• Implemented behaviour management strategies successfully across the department
• Experience of supporting students of all ages and abilities to make excellent progress and to reach their full potential
This really is an excellent school to teach in, and is a great opportunity if you are looking to take the next step in your career. You will receive opportunities for high quality CPD in a school that values team work and achievement.
In addition the school is very keen to hear from teachers who thrive in high achieving school's challenging both themselves and their students to achieve outstanding results.
Don't miss your opportunity to join this dedicated department! Apply today!
firstname.lastname@example.org where you will be contacted (if shortlisted).
Reed Education Stratford - We are dedicated to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Through our engagement and interaction with our schools, we can highlight their needs and respond to them with the very best staff possible. As a teacher you will benefit from having your own personal consultant to work with, this is where we differ from most agencies, let’s work together to find the perfect role for you!
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'