Experienced Geography Teacher, or Current Head of Geography
The school would also consider an Aspiring Head of Geography
February half-term start
This school is a diverse, multicultural school based in Coventry is looking to appoint an experienced, well-qualified and dedicated Head of Department to lead the team of Geography teachers from February 26th - potentially immediaetly. We are looking for an outstanding classroom practitioner with ability to motivate and inspire both students and members of staff.
They would like to meet with devoted and experienced practitioners who will bring a wealth of knowledge and enthusiasm with them. This post will suit a candidate who is either currently working as Head of Geography, Deputy Head of Geography or a coordinator who is ready to take their career to the next level.
They are a state-funded, highly over-subscribed school in Coventry who has recently been inducted into a Multi-Academy trust where the Executive Head has been recognised for their exceptional leadership skills.
The ideal candidate must have the following:
• A formal secondary teaching qualification, either a Secondary PGCE or equivalent and hold QTS
• Able to teach subject to a high standard, GCSE primarily (A-level Preferred but not essential)
• A proven track record of delivering strong results
• A willingness to actively contribute to curriculum development
• A genuine belief that every child matters
• Have a strong subject knowledge
• Have ambition and a passion for learning
• Be able to deliver outstanding classroom practice
• Have high expectations of all learners
• Be able to work collaboratively with others
The successful candidate will be a consistently good or outstanding practitioner. You will be committed to raising the achievement of all learners by ensuring that teaching across the faculty is of the highest quality and is innovative, engaging and enjoyable. The department has a strong reputation, founded on innovative practice and a curriculum that engages and challenges students.