Head of Fundraising
Head of Fundraising
We are assisting a well-known, respected Charity in the recruitment of a Head of Fundraising. This?is a fantastic opportunity to work for a prestigious charity.?
Being?part of the Fundraising team, the Head of Fundraising will be responsible for developing and implementing a fundraising strategy to increase and diversify revenue streams across both Essex and Hertfordshire region. Working with people at all levels to inspire staff, volunteers, corporates and the general public.
You will be based at their offices in the Braintree - Colchester area for 3 days per week and 2 days per week working from the office in the Bishop's Stortford area.
- Previous experience in a similar role
- An understanding of the role of the Fundraising Regulator
- A highly motivated, income focused individual
- Have a "can-do" attitude, who is flexible and trustworthy
- Excellent professional telephone, oral, written, and IT communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and team working skills
- A confident public speaker who is able to communicate with a wide variety of audiences
- Highly organised and efficient in managing workload
- The ability to build strong long-lasting relationships.
- The ability to inspire and motivate others to support the Charity
- To have a full driving license and have access to a vehicle
- Good knowledge of Essex & Hertfordshire
- Work with the Fundraising & Marketing Director to develop an effective fundraising strategy and new revenue streams.
- Work closely with the Fundraising Manager's to develop key fundraising initiatives in Essex and Hertfordshire.
- Work closely with the Volunteer & Events Lead to ensure that events are delivered on budget and that the volunteer strategy is delivered.
- Ensure oversea challenges revenue and attendee targets are met. Support the Fundraising Managers to research destinations and plan budget. Attend challenges if required. Work with the Fundraising Managers to produce evaluation report for the Marketing & Fundraising Director.
- Build relationships with larger corporates to secure partnerships and sponsorships in both counties. Work closely with the Trust & Special Projects officer to deliver agreed grants & sponsorship targets.
- Deliver presentations as and when required to internal and external parties, including companies, third party fundraisers and visitors.
- Identify new fundraising appeals/projects/initiatives/events with the senior Fundraising Team and research ideas, work within agreed budgets and deliver those that meet the criteria. Produce evaluation reports for the Fundraising & Marketing Director.
- Work closely with the Head of Marketing & Communications to ensure that all teams are working together to maximise opportunities and to reach targets set.
- Set budgets working closely with the Fundraising & Marketing Director and senior Fundraising Team to ensure targets are realistic and that income is increased year on year.
- Have a full understanding of budgets and report fundraising activity and figures to the Fundraising & Marketing Director on a monthly basis for board reports.
- Attend relevant networking events on a regular basis in order to promote the work of the Charity.
- Understand and use the Charity database effectively to aid fundraising.
- Look to develop growth across all areas by being proactive and engaging with new contacts.
- To organise and host regular team meetings to ensure all initiatives/events/projects/appeals etc. are on target to meet their objectives.
- Working closely with the Volunteer & Events Lead and the Volunteer Manager to ensure the Visitor Centres are used to generate income.
- Attend as and when necessary the charities own events and key community events.
- Work closely with the Corporate Partnerships Manager to help generate national income and develop relationships in both Essex & Hertfordshire.
- To attend quarterly Regional Fundraising meetings with neighbouring Charities.
- The post holder will be working across both the Charity's offices
- Working evenings and weekends is a requirement of this post
Based at the office in the Colchester - Braintree area Essex for 3 days per week and 2 days per week to work from their office in the Bishop's Stortford area.
Salary: £40,000 pa
Due to location,own Transport Essential
Please bear in mind that you may not hear from us straight away. Due to the high level of applications we receive every day, we can only respond to applicants whose skills and qualifications are suitable for this position. If you would like to be considered for similar and future positions, or for a complete listing of all our current vacancies, please visit our web site
- fund raising
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'