My client is a Private Equity backed technology business based in the heart of the North West. They have a high-quality, cutting edge product offering, breaking new ground at the forefront of their sector as well as an impressive, broad and comprehensive client base.
Due to their ongoing growth and a real desire for greater business insight and better use of the data already available within the organisation, a newly created role has arisen for a Head of Financial Planning and Analysis.
Reporting to the CFO and with the backing of the PE House, the successful candidate will operate as a true, commercial right hand and will be tasked with creating, growing and developing a high calibre FP&A team over time.
A higher quality of information should in turn allow a greater understanding of performance across the business allowing greater capability to segment, slice and dice data to provide high quality insight, more up to date, real time information that will support the business’s growth and decision-making processes as well as more accurate budgeting through improved financial planning and analysis.
There is a requirement to understand the product range in more detail, to understand the costings around each product line and ensure that accurate, profitable, pricing change is implemented where necessary. There is also likely to be a product rationalisation process once there is clear insight and understanding available.
As this is a newly created role, applicants must be prepared to take on a ‘hands on’ role from day one as you will be tasked with building the team from the ground up, taking personal ownership for all Financial Planning & Analysis matters. We are looking for a candidate of the highest calibre, possessing true gravitas as well as the sense of urgency to ensure tasks are completed quickly and effectively.
The Head of FP&A will play a critical role in supporting decision making as CFO, Board and Executive Team seek to improve performance and increase shareholder value. You will also have plenty of exposure to and involvement with any ongoing M&A work
This successful appointment should, in time, allow a real confidence in the accuracy and robustness of the numbers and faster, more accurate analysis to be produced. All of this is being done with one
eye on the future and a potential exit for the Private Equity backers.
The Person – Key Requirements:
• As it is a newly created role within the business this is a ‘greenfield site’ which will require an individual capable of working in a hands-on manner, but also possessing the ability to take a
high-level, strategic view and delegate where necessary.
• A strong background within FP&A with significant experience of business partnering at a senior level.
• A resilient personality type, day to day experience and ability to cope with the demands of the pace and complexity of a PE backed business.
• Candidates will need to be comfortable picking up financial modelling and building upon it once in role where necessary, getting close to the data.
• A strong relationship builder, an ambitious character who strives for excellence and detail focussed individual who will thrive in a PE backed scenario.
Expected Salary Package:
• £75k - £100k basic salary (dependent upon experience)
• Car Allowance
• Equity may be available for the right candidate.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job