Head of Financial Crime - fast growing fintech challenger
Head of Financial Crime - fast growing fintech challenger:
- Remote first (client based in London).
- Circa £80k-£90k + (negotiable on exp) + Excellent package.
Company background for Head of Financial Crime:
Our client is one of the fastest growing fintech challengers in the UK, who are on course to become the new major player within the payments industry.
Their most recent round of investment was £7m and they are now moving towards their Series A round.
It’s a fantastic opportunity to join them on their journey.
Role for Head of Financial Crime - fast growing fintech challenger:
We’re looking for an experienced leader and expert in financial crime to lead their fast-growing Fincrime Team in the UK. Reporting to the COO with a dotted line to Head of Operations, we are looking for an experienced leader who can support the COO in leading our first line financial crime capability.
The role holder will help design and build their operating model to deliver Financial Crime support, to support business growth and success.
You should apply if you have the following skills and experience:
- Significant experience in a complex financial services firm or related fintech/payments industry with proven experience operating at a senior level.
- Significant experience in building, growing and leading a first line financial crime team, engaging and motivating the team.
- Detailed operational expertise in building out a robust financial crime framework in the UK with specific focus on onboarding and transaction monitoring, ensuring they meet their regulatory obligations while at the same time ensuring the delivery of the best possible customer experience.
- Expert knowledge on all aspects of financial crime including AML, fraud, sanctions breaches, terrorist financing, bribery and corruption and tax evasion as well as systems and industry tooling as well as databases available to control these risks.
- Ability to think operationally and to build, implement and improve policies and procedures as the business scales.
- Make data-driven decisions, be strategic but delve into the detail if required.
- Comfortable with ambiguity, working in a fast-paced start-up environment and, effortlessly acting autonomously, handling volume, setting appropriate priorities and delivering results efficiently.
- Able to provide effective challenge whilst building strong, respectful relationships with colleagues and maintaining a business mindset.
- First class written and verbal communication skills enabling you to influence and communicate with impact.
- Motivated to be part of a team building and growing a business providing technology that is disrupting financial services and solving customer problems.
Key Responsibilities for Head of Financial Crime - fast growing fintech challenger:
- You’ll have overall responsibility for how their first line Fincrime Team approaches financial crime and work closely with our Head of Compliance & MLRO including having responsibility to ensure we have good transaction monitoring, onboarding processes including great KYC, oversight and governance, customer experience and control.
- Lead and manage a team of financial crime experts in the first line of defence.
- Be a senior leader in their Operations Leadership, influencing their approach to financial crime and how we scale Financial Crime.
- Definition & implementation of an operating model to scale Financial Crime (including any outsourcing).
- Reporting to the Executive Committee or Board where required, including to present relevant Fincrime strategy papers or escalate any key or high risk financial crime issues.
- Third party relationship management with key stakeholders including CIFAS.
- Hiring new talent and developing and training your team.
- Financial Crime
- Financial Transactions
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'