HEAD OF FINANCE
Leading Professional Services Group, Stratford
£60,000 - £75,000 + bonus + benefits
Please forward a Word copy of your CV if you wish to apply
A newly created Head of Finance position is sought by this entrepreneurial Business Services SME that continues to deliver a range of corporate solutions to a portfolio of blue-chip clients throughout the UK. Boasting consistent organic growth alongside several acquisitions with a commitment to continued profitable strategic expansion, the Board is currently seeking an ACA, ACCA or CIMA qualified accountant, to take up a commercially focused Head of Finance role. Supporting the Board to drive profitability and value creation, you will provide financial leadership and a comprehensive management and analytical resource to the business.
Key Responsibilities of the Head of Finance
- Management and leadership of a small junior team ensuring that they are encouraged and developed to produce high quality work
- Preparation & analysis of monthly management accounts, performance, variances & trends
- Driving planning, budgeting and forecasting processes
- Responsibility for statutory accounts pack, liaison with audits and tax calculations
- Coordination of monthly financial accounts preparation
- Review of Profit & Loss & key balance sheet accounts
- Close review and management of weekly cash flow
- Supporting the budgeting process and working closely with cost centre managers
- Overseeing the control of Payables, Receivables & Payroll
- Co-ordination & overseeing the preparation of VAT returns & financial forecasts
- Development, implementation & documentation of business processes & accounting policies to ensure robust financial control
Skills & Attributes of the Head of Finance
- Qualified accountant - ACA, ACCA or CIMA
- Prior experience of either a number 1 finance role OR demonstrable experience of presenting and influencing at Board level
- Experience of Sage 50/100/200/BI would be beneficial
- Experience of managing and developing a small finance team
- Proven ability to grow a transactional finance function into a business partnering function would be highly desirable
- You will seek to become a Director and therefore part of the decision-making process rather than just support it - you will seek to evolve with the business as it grows
- Demonstrable experience in a commercially run Professional or Business Service sector would be advantageous
Applications only considered from those eligible to live & work in the UK without restriction.
Harcourt Matthews is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Our divisions include Accounting & Finance; Legal Operations; HR - Human Resources & Personnel; IT - Information Technology; Pfi/PPP & FM; Procurement & Purchasing; Project Management & PMO; Sales & Marketing.
Keywords: Head of Finance, Finance Director, Financial Controller, SME, board reporting, business partnering, variance analysis, commentary
- Cash Flow
- Management Accounts
- Staff Management
- Budget Setting
- Stakeholder Management
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'