We are recruiting for a Head of Finance for this well-known charity based in Central London.
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer you will be responsible for the day-to-day financial accounting activities whilst leading the finance team to ensure effective and efficient delivery of the organisation’s financial results.
Your daily duties will include:
- Produce the financial accounts, control, review and reconcile the balance sheet, ensuring appropriate controls are in place
- Lead on year-end and audit planning and preparation; draft annual statutory accounts for review
- Submit VAT returns and Corporation Tax returns
- Preparation of financial reports to funders
- Advise on technical matters, in line with the Charities’ SORP and any other accounting standards
- Support the management accountant and budget holders with the production of the management accounts to provide advice and commentary on key variances and risks
- Plan and manage the annual budget-setting process; draft budgets and scenarios to enable business planning
The successful candidate will be an experienced ACA/CIMA/ACCA/CIPFA qualified accountant who has experience of leading and developing finance teams to improve operational effectiveness and performance. It is essential that you have a good working knowledge of charity SORP, financial accounts production whilst developing and implementing financial systems, new procedures and controls.
It is imperative that you possess strong interpersonal and communication with the ability to support and communicate with senior stakeholders and management throughout the organisation.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'