This is an exciting opportunity for a qualified accountant with experience within the public sector to join a leading medical charity as the Head of Finance. This is an excellent opportunity to join a charity with strong aspirations for growth during an exciting time for medical research as the UK leaves the European Union.
Reporting directly to the Director of Finance, the Head of Finance will lead the running of the charity’s finance operations, ensuring the use of resources are maximised and the charity’s strategy is achieved. This role also involves working closely with the rest of the leadership team, as well as acting as a finance business partner within the charity’s management team to advise on financial decisions when required.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Acting as a finance business partner to provide support and advice to senior leaders and managers on decisions with financial and commercial implications;
- The management of annual accounts and statutory returns and leading the annual budgeting and business planning cycle;
- Overseeing the charity’s finance operational activities and systems;
- Embedding the new finance system and ensuring processes are optimised;
- Leading and developing a medium sized team.
The ideal candidate will be:
- A qualified accountant with experience in a senior financial role.
- Passionate about the charity sector.
- A strong leader.
An excellent communicator with the ability to build and maintain excellent relationships across the organisation.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'