My client is an established UK manufacturing business and part of a pan European distribution group to the UK retail market & is looking to strengthen the Finance Team with a qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) with an excellent track record in senior finance roles.
The role will be suitable for a well-motivated individual who can demonstrate both strong leadership qualities as they will be responsible for managing a team of six and have good commercial acumen. Reporting to the Managing Director, the successful candidate will have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, exceptional attention to detail, and be able to work to very tight deadlines.
Required to work as an integral part of the management team, the main aspects of the job will involve the following:
- Management of the Company’s accounting system (records, general ledger, trial balance) to ensure that it accurately reflects transactions that have occurred and enables accurate reporting
- Production of management reporting to strict group deadlines under (IFRS).
- Reconciliation and control of Balance Sheet accounts and monitoring provisions and accruals / prepayments.
- Managing Royalty reporting to Licensors (quarterly) in coordination with HQ in Europe and the reconciliation of the relevant balance sheet accounts.
- Recommendation and Implementation of improvements to the accounting systems, to improve accuracy and efficiency.
- Relationship with external auditors and with tax authorities (HMRC)
- Relationship with local banks and HQ treasury department.
- Preparation of yearly budget, quarterly forecast and 3-year business plans in compliance with HQ instructions and deadlines.
- Preparation of forecasts and revisions to plans and analysis of changes.
- Sales, margin and expenditure analysis and review to support local management in decision making.
- Liaising with parent company Corporate team and being main contact for queries.
- Managing the Finance Team (6) and HR Manager.
A qualified accountant used to working to tight deadlines.
A strong communicator with the ability to converse across the business.
Be commercially minded with good numerical ability, computer literacy,
Previous experience in managing a team is essential
We regret that due to the high volume of applications we receive, if you have not heard from us within 10 days, your application has not been successful on this occasion. However, please do continue to apply for jobs advertised by Walker Dendle.
Walker Dendle Limited acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Walker Dendle is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the terms available on our website.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'