A Head of finance for a £15M turnover business which is part of a large multinational. Reports to the MD
Your new company
Our client is a fast-growing international distributor, selling to trade and retail customers in over 100 countries. Our client is part of a multi-national conglomerate with over $8bn revenue. Due to exciting growth plans the company is looking for an experienced manager ready to fill this exciting opportunity to help accelerate the growth of the company. The company seeks an existing Head of Finance. The appointee will manage the full financial function of the business and the accounts team. Operating from Egham in Surrey (10 minutes away from Heathrow), the appointee will be responsible for the management of all the activities of the Accounts Team in the following key areas:
Your new role
Key responsibilities for the Head of Finance include:
- The performance, conduct, efficiency, motivation and development of the Team
- Assessment, implementation and proper and effective use of systems
- Ensuring the timely and accurate preparation of monthly Management Accounts
- Generate financial plans, budgets and forecasts and identifying key financial risks and key performance measures
- Cash flow monitoring and management
- Reporting to group where needed
- Take responsibility for the Company's internal control environment, compliance and ensure rigour in all financial transactions
- Oversee all Company financial reports, including to the Board and to funding sponsors and preparation of the annual accounts
- Manage the Company's regulatory requirements and obligations including external audit
- Develop, deliver and lead the Company's approach to risk management
- To act as a key business partner and provide value add decision support and insight
- Undertake analysis of new initiatives/projects to ensure appropriate return on investment and realistic goals
- Undertake ad hoc projects and activities to support the company's growth plans
- Production of management and business information
What you'll need to succeed
The successful candidate will be fully qualified, preferably CIMA or ACA, and will be based in Surrey full time. In addition the Head of Finance will also be expected to have the following competencies:
- Strong communication skills - good at building relationship and confident work with colleagues across all areas of the organisation
- Experience of distribution
- Experience using Sage Line 50
- Analytical, creative and strategic; a strong problem solver and commercial thinker.
- Proven track record of effectively interacting with senior management.
- Results/action-oriented, project management skills and ability to deliver at pace
- Ability to influence and persuade at high level both internally and externally, driving impact and implementing change
- Ability to get up to speed quickly with complex policy issues and disseminate them in an accessible and persuasive way
- Excellent time management, attention to detail, and multitasking skills
- Resilient and flexible, comfortable with complexity and ambiguity
What you'll get in return
Salary £50,000 - 60,000 + discretionary bonus
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'