Gleeson Recruitment Group are looking to recruit a Head of Finance for a FTSE 250 business based in Birmingham. This is an amazing opportunity to get involved in an ever changing, fast moving, FUN business and as the role is newly created it will give you the opportunity to put your own stamp on things. You will be fully qualified and will ideally have gained your qualification within a "Big 4" setting as this role will require you to have worked with PLCS and be a credible source of technical accounting guidance, and therefore an interest in this area is a must. You will also be responsible for the external reporting for the Group ensuring compliance with accounting standards and the maintenance of appropriate financial controls.
The successful Head of Finance will be working for a highly profitable Group who operate across the UK and are in serious growth mode. You will work closely with the Group FC and will have a strong support network within the wider finance community to ensure a smooth transition into this new role.
As the Head of Finance you will:
- Ensure the timely completion and accuracy of all debt reporting out of the Group;
- Manage the treasury function to ensure compliance with all funding covenants; including reviewing cash flow forecasts for the Group ensuring the effectiveness of the variable facilities;
- Prepare and review relevant documentation as required as part of any refinancing exercise - including assisting with the settlement of old bonds, the establishment of new bonds and dealing with accounting/audit/legal/tax review requirements as applicable;
- Ensure we are continuing to drive efficiency's within the cash team whilst maintaining tight financial control;
- Ensure compliance with all HMRC requirements whilst looking at ways to reduce our Group tax risk and cost;
- Look after the welfare, development (including capability and succession planning) and training needs of their team; and
- Get involved in ad hoc projects within the direct areas of responsibility or the wider Accounts team as required by the Group Financial Controller.
As the successful Head of Finance you must be / have:
- A fully qualified Chartered Accountant (CA, ACA)
- Practice trained
- Have an understanding of Tax and Treasury
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to build relationships with ease
- A strong team player with excellent team management skills
The Benefits Package
The following benefits package is available to the successful Head of Finance :
- Base salary of £65K / £75K
- Car or Car Allowance
- Career progression
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job