Our established and highly thought of client is seeking to recruit a Head of Finance due to a recent retirement.
The Head of Finance is responsible for the provision of an effective financial management service, managing all the day-to-day financial activities. The post holder will provide sound financial insight and advice to support decision making as well as ensuring all statutory accounting and reporting functions are fulfilled.
The Head of Finance will report to the Deputy Chief Executive but will often be required to exercise his/her own judgement and operate independently much of the time.
Duties and responsibilities
- Plan and control effectively. This will include financial accounting, management accounting, forecasting, budgetary and control systems
- Provide management and oversight arrangements for the Finance team, ensuring objectives are set and staff are managed to deliver an effective and efficient service to the charity.
- Maintain records to meet legal and tax requirements and measure the inputs and the outcomes.
- Liaise with bankers, investment managers, pension advisers and auditors as appropriate.
- In liaison with the auditors, plan and manage the tax liabilities under existing and proposed legislation. Evaluate the tax liability impact of contemplated courses of action, minimising the tax burden wherever possible.
- Provide support to and attend the meetings of the Finance Committee.
- Plan and manage cash flow and investment activity in accordance with actions agreed by the Finance Committee
- Assist the auditors in the preparation of statutory annual accounts and final accounts for audit
- Maintain and develop income collection systems to ensure prompt and efficient payments, including checking and submitting of Gift Aid claims.
- Manage sales and purchase ledgers (currently using Sage Line 50 Accountant Plus), making payments to meet supplier conditions.
- Review, maintain and monitor standard budgets, providing budget holders with monthly reports to facilitate robust management of their budgets.
- Produce monthly management reports, together with cash flow statements, forecasting and trend analysis.
- Manage payroll in an accurate and timely way, ensuring related taxation and National Insurance payments are made.
- Prepare the annual budget and forecasts and, contribute to the preparation of the Business Plan.
- Give proactive advice on the likely financial consequences of proposed courses of action.
- Allocate and monitor work undertaken by the finance team.
- Administer Pension Scheme contributions to NHS Superannuation Scheme and auto enrolment scheme. Liaise with scheme providers of stakeholder schemes for individuals.
- Maintain schedules for restricted income and expenditure
- Manage the regular banking arrangements for cash and cheques including the monthly reconciliation of bank accounts.
- Ensure that payments in respect of leases for shops are paid by the due date.
- Ensure all returns required by HMRC are completed and returned on time.
- Make consolidated VAT returns
- Prepare for and support the Annual General Meeting, ensuring financial and other associated documentation is prepared in a timely manner.
Unique opportunity to join an excellent organisation.
First Recruitment Services is acting as an Employment Business for this vacancy.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job