Head of Finance-SME
·TV & Digital Production
·£60-65,000 + competitive bonus & benefits
·Hands-on, top to bottom, operational focused role
This multiple-award winning UK owned independent production group boasts an impressive range of content with a global reputation for delivering successful, cutting edge and high quality content. They are also in rapid growth particularly in their digital operations and now require a Head of Finance to manage their financial operations.
Reporting to the MD this is a hands-on and varied role covering all aspects of operational & some commercial finance as well as leading a small team.
- Preparation of monthly management accounts pack, variance analysis and commentary
- Preparation of annual year-end accounts, stat packs and audit files for the company and related subsidiaries
- Cash-flow management & analysis and monthly forecasts and re-forecasting as required
- Preparation of annual budgets and quarterly forecasts and all FP&A related matters
- Management and development of financial systems
- Preparation and maintenance of 3 year financial projection including projected monthly profit and loss accounts and monthly cash-flows
- Financial modelling of new opportunities that become available to the business to assess profit opportunities, risks and contribution to the existing business
- VAT calculations and filing company returns for any relevant subsidiaries
- Preparation of intercompany recharges
- Manage 2 junior finance staff Finance Assistant
- In conjunction with the Finance Assistant, all other book-keeping duties and general ledger management as required
- Liaising with external accountants, auditors and other advisers.
- Coordinating with production accountants, monitoring expenditure against budget.
- Skills & Experience:
- Ideally a Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA or CIMA) but QBE's with relevant experience will also be considered
- Experience of managing a core finance function (management/financial accounting and FP&A ) in an SME environment essential
- Previous experience in the entertainment sector ideally TV/Film production
- Hands-on but also business facing and able to take a bigger picture approach
- Good report writing skills
- Attention to detail
- Self-starter and team player
- Willingness and ability to take on ad-hoc projects
- Ability to manage several projects simultaneously
- Ability and interest in improving processes
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job