We are looking for a Head of Finance to join a leading Charity based in Leatherhead, managing a small team and taking full responsibility for the strategic direction of the finance function along with statutory and management reporting.
Reference No: HT14532
Head of Finance - About The Role
Forming part of the Senior Management team, as the Head of Finance you will be critically involved with supporting all of the key strategic decisions, giving guidance and reporting on the operational output of the organisation.
As the Head of Finance, your position will take responsibility for all areas of SORP accounting, ensuring complete compliance for this leading Charity.
As the Head of Finance your key responsibilities will include:
- Financial Management and Control
- Lead the finance department on all areas of Charities SORP
- Oversee the monthly, quarterly and annual activities, ensuring accuracy
- Working with senior budget holders
- Lead the Financial Performance Reporting for the board
- Produce the Statutory Financial Accounts
- Oversee the treasury function
- Lead the budget planning process and prepare the annual budget
- Drive improvements to maintain internal control framework
- Provide support and advise to board directors on strategy and focus
- Plus, a host of additional duties
The successful incumbent of this Head of Finance position will have:
- A full accountancy qualification (ACA, ACCA or CIMA)
- Significant Charity sector experience, with detailed knowledge of Charity Commission requirements
- Detailed knowledge of Charities SORP
- Experience of managing relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Strong IT skills including strong Excel
Head of Finance - Benefits
The role will come with a variety of benefits including Pension and a Work Life balance (37.5 hour working week)
Howett Thorpe are acting as a recruitment agency in relation to this role and comply with all relevant UK legislation and do not discriminate on any protected characteristics. Due to the high volume of applications we currently receive, we are unable to respond to all candidates. If you do not hear from a Consultant within 5 working days please assume that you have not been successful.
Refer a friend
If this job is not of interest to you, but you know a friend or colleague who may be interested, recommend them to us and receive a minimum of £150 in vouchers if we assist them in securing a permanent role and a minimum of £25 in vouchers if we place them in a temporary assignment. (Terms & conditions apply)
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job