To manage the operation, outputs and performance of the Finance Department and to contribute to the strategic direction of the finance function.
Responsible for treasury management, tax administration, statutory and management reporting and to provide accurate information to directors and budget holders and to ensure compliance with the Charity Commission, Companies House and HMRC.
- Responsibility for the production of Statutory Financial Accounts
- Source of expertise relating to VAT, Corporation Tax, PAYE and ensuring that these areas are appropriately managed.
- To oversee the treasury function including cash-flow planning and achievement of investment income opportunities
- Lead on the Financial Performance Reporting to the Board and its subcommittees as appropriate
- Leading the budget planning process and preparation of the annual budget for the Society ensuring strong processes are in place for resource allocation and performance monitoring at all levels of the Society.
- Responsibility for driving improvements to and the maintaining of the Internal Financial Control Framework
- Oversee projects to improve the performance of Finance processes across the organisation
- Providing sound financial advice to directors and other senior management.
- Qualified accountant with proven experience in the preparation of Statutory accounts and detailed knowledge of Charities' SORP
- Proven track record in managing teams
- Experience of working directly with and managing relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Experience of setting up and managing internal control systems
- Significant Charity sector experience, with detailed knowledge of Charity Commission requirements, Governance issues, Charity VAT and other statutory issues pertaining to a Charity
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job