Our very well established client, who have their head office function based in Royston, are now in the market for a Head Of Finance to join their team. Our clients are in the manufacturing industry and are looking for a dynamic and robust candidates to lead the Accounts and Finance team. This role is also available on an interim basis. This is a key role within the senior management team and duties will involve :
Play a leading role in the development and future success of the finance team
Develop a network of relationships across all departments to provide helpful and sound financial advice on the implications of proposed strategies, projects and new developments.
Champion and deliver cross-departmental working.
Provide support and guidance to colleagues and external partners as required
Represent the organisation at external events.
To lead the financial strategy and policy for the company and its subsidiaries including:
Lead, motivate and manage the Finance Team to meet agreed objectives.
Actively participate in the development of a financially sound strategic plan. Prepare and implement an annual budget and regular forecasts.
Manage the processing and recording of all financial transactions, ensuring compliance with policies and the requirements of other regulatory bodies including HMRC, Companies House, and the external bodies.
Ensure timely, reporting and monitoring of the financial performance, and the production of monthly accounts.
Produce the statutory consolidated accounts and co-ordinate the annual audit, being the main point of contact for the external auditors.
Pro actively develop and produce user friendly management reporting and analysis to provide insight to budget holders, SMT and partners to help them make effective business and strategic decisions.
Implement best practice in financial control including the development and maintenance of sound policies and internal controls.
Ensure compliance with relevant legal and contractual obligations by monitoring changes in the regulatory environment including HMRC and external bodies and briefing SMT when necessary about the impact on the organisation.
Work with the Database Manager and Finance Team to exploit the use of an internal database and Sage Accounts to automate and reduce the time taken for routine reporting.
Manage pensions, investments and banking relationships.
- To provide an effective service to the Chair and members of the Risk, Audit and Finance Committee (RAFT)including:
- Liaise with the Chair to draw up the programme of work.
- Complete analyses, investigations and resulting reports as requested.
- Prepare the agenda and papers for the quarterly meetings.
- Participate and minute the meetings and ensure any resulting actions are completed.
- To arrange for and administer the company insurance policies.
- To lead the process of risk assessment
Our clients are very keen to attract candidates with a similar background the the following skills and attributes..
- A finance management or similar previous role
- A strong man management style
- The ability to review processes and procedures and make suggestions for change
- Fully qualified, ideally ACA
- A good working knowledge of MS Office and Sage
- A 'handson' approach
Email the team now for more details !!!