A newly created role within a highly ambitious, and innovative TV Production company that has recently been responsible for bringing some highly acclaimed shows to our small screens. With 2018 already set to be another extremely successful year the decision has been made to bring in a qualified Head of Finance to join their small and collaborative team.
Reporting into the COO this hands-on role will manage the day to day finances whilst working closely with the Head of Production and support the creative teams across range of activities within the company. This role is a mix of technical, commercial and production accounting.
The client is ideally looking for an individual who is at least 3 years PQE and has gained experience within TV or Media. This role will progress as the company grows and offers a great opportunity for the successful candidate.
- Prepare the monthly management accounts and forecasts, consolidated across all productions
- Manage and forecast cashflow
- Work with the COO and HOP to set up productions, including securing bank finance if necessary, prepare cash forecasts, calculate tax credits, set up VAT & PAYE
- Manage the group reporting requirements (monthly, quarterly and annual)
- Manage the set up and close down of all productions
- Oversee all production bank accounts
- Production statutory accounts and manage the audit process
- Produce royalty reports and stakeholder payment reports
- Review weekly cost reports and forecasts
- Manage foreign exchange risks
- Manage the loan finances including reviewing drawdowns, balances and interest forecast
- Manage working relationships with all production accountants and ensure adherence to processes and procedures
- Manage any HMRC requirements.
- Fully qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA or equivalent) with at least 3 years PQE
- Previous experience gained within a Television or Media company would be a distinct advantage, scripted would be highly beneficial
- Working knowledge of IFRS & GAAP accounting standards
- Outgoing and articulate with the ability to challenge and influence others
- Great attention to detail, deadline orientated and highly organised
- Strong interpersonal skills, being able to easily build strong working relationships
- Ambitious, dynamic and adaptable, with the want to work within a dynamic and growing business
- Ability to inspire and gain the confidence of others.
- Financial Controller
- Head of Finance
- TV Production