Morgan Hunt are pleased to be working with an Oxfordshire based charity assisting with the recruitment of a permanent Head of Finance. Reporting to the Finance Director and managing a small finance team the role will be an excellent opportunity for some one who is looking for a role that combines operational finance management whilst working closely with the FD on the strategic direction of the charity.
- Management of the finance function on a day to day basis, making sure that the finance function meets it's statutory and regulatory obligations
- Review and preparation of monthly management accounts
- Co-ordination and supervision of annual budgets
- Presentation of board papers to the senior management team
- Preparation of annual statutory accounts
- Production of financial statements
- Weekly and monthly cash flow forecasts
- Development of financial strategy
- Helping to drive cost savings across the charity
- Preparation of VAT and gift aid
- Acting as the main point of contact for external and internal Audit
Working closely with the Finance Director on strategic projects
The ideal person for this role will be a qualified Accountant with proven experience in managing a finance function in a charity environment. Experience of charity SORP and budget management and business partnering are essential requirements. Excellent communication are essential as well as being able to operate at Stakeholder level in terms of providing financial advice and guidance. The ability to operate at a strategic level whilst managing daily operations is an essential requirement. In return the charity offer are a supportive environment and competitive salary and benefits
Morgan Hunt is a multi award winning Employment Business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer.