Summit Personnel have been exclusively retained to help recruit a Chartered Accountant for a well known and leading name within the Financial Services Industry to join as Head of Finance.
As Head of Finance, the successful candidates will undertake the following key duties:
- Management of the finance team along with further recruitment within the team as required
- Participation and reporting at Board meetings
- Provision of an oversight function and ensure accounting records and systems are maintained in accordance with professional accounting standards, good corporate governance, legislation, and regulatory requirements.
- Management of the production of financial data for inclusion in statutory financial reports and to liaise with the external auditors on production of the annual accounts.
- Liaise with the company actuary on production of all management and statutory actuarial reports and returns and ensure that all financial statutory returns are completed on time and in the prescribed manner.
- Identify any material risks that occur in the finance function and communicate financial information to both finance and non finance colleagues.
In order to be considered for the role of Head of Finance, candidates should possess the following skills and experience:
- Chartered status/fully qualified Accountant
- Proven management experience
- Knowledge of the financial services industry, preferably in insurance
- Practical knowledge of UK GAAP, FRS102 and 103, and Solvency II
- Proficient excel skills
- Analytical ability
- Ability to prioritise and manage multiple tasks
- Commercially focussed
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a business that takes pride in providing a good work/life balance for it's employees. This role has flexible working hours and the option to work from home at least a couple of days per week.
- Chartered Accountants
- Financial Services
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job