Head of Finance & IT
Our client, a globally influential retailer, offering a British luxury brand is seeking to appoint an ambitious, enthusiastic and articulate Head of Finance & I.T.
The successful candidate will be a member of the Executive Group accountable for the timely and accurate reporting of financial performance required by the Business together with management of I.T. infrastructure
They will act as an Operations Leader within key areas of the Business. They will head the general accounting function and be responsible for the operation and maintenance of I.T., payroll and forecasting.
The role has both strategic and operational responsibilities including: -
- Management reporting
- The improvement of systems and procedures
- Management of the Finance Team
- Management, strategy and execution of IT services infrastructure
- Implementation of new IT systems and policies.
The successful candidate will be a strong leader able to provide the platform on which key financial decisions are made. They will be confident, assertive and enjoy engaging a range of senior stakeholders in order to ensure key targets are met.
The Head of Finance role sits within the Management Team. It is based in our Hawick Offices on the Scottish Borders and requires travel to London and other sites on a monthly basis.
- Reporting to: Non Executive Director
- Responsible For: Finance Team (5) I.T Team (2)
- Manage the successful operation & development of the Finance & I.T. Functions
- Manage the measurement of divisional performance ensuring information is delivered to the business in an appropriate time frame
- Manage the Financial and Management reporting system ensuring accuracy & integrity of the numbers
- Manage the I.T. support function presenting a business case for improvements as appropriate in order to achieve technological advancement for the Business
- Implement and manage procedures and controls, challenging internal processes through reporting mechanism
- Work with Heads of Department to seek efficiencies across operating business units
The successful candidate:
- An experienced and highly articulate Financial Controller/Senior Finance Manager
- Fully qualified ACCA/CIMA/ACA/CA or equivalent
- A strong technical background with in-depth knowledge of costing systems within a wholesale operation
- A strong leader with a confident, assertive style able to implement ideas to improve current systems, controls and procedures
- Previous experience within a retail/wholesale organisation is desirable
- An excellent communicator, able to motivate, coach and lead a team of 7
- Approachable, optimistic and a change facilitator
- Ideally possessing previous project management experience
Salary guide and benefits:
£50,000 - £55,000 + Car allowance, Company Pension and 33 days annual leave including bank holidays.
**Salary is negotiable for a highly experienced applicant; someone offering solid implementation experience, a proven communicator with the ability to influence a diverse group of stakeholders and/or highly relevant retail/wholesale sector experience. Please contact us to discuss salary package in this instance. Equally, if applicants are not interested in I.T. but are looking for a step up as a Financial Controller, we can look at this as a pure finance role **.
For the full job description please contact us via our website, or call to discuss.
- Financial Controller
- Management Accounting
- Strategic Planning
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"