Head of Finance - Hypergrowth Sportswear Brand
Head of Finance - International Hypergrowth Sportswear Brand
*The business are also open to Finance Directors looking to work a 4 day week with the long term option to go to 5 days will also be considered*
Harmonic have been retained by an ambitious, hyper-growth sportswear brand based in Dorset who are looking to hire their first full time Head of Finance.
The business was established in 2013, but over the course of the last 3 years they have gained considerable momentum. They are now turning over £3million and have a strategic plan which will enable them to grow to £5.5million by the end of next year, and will then follow a continuous growth trajectory to £25million within the next 5 years.
For the initial phase of the role you will be tasked with providing accurate financial information for the leadership team and investors, carefully monitoring cashflow and controlling growth against the plan. As the business grows and the role develops, the focus will shift in a more commercial direction. You will build the team, establish a robust financial infrastructure, and become a key player in scaling the business.
Given the size, ambition and nature of the business as a leading running brand, teamwork and agility are incredibly important. The team are dynamic and have adapted well to the changes brought about by covid. Even whilst working remotely they have maintained a great positive energy. Although they operate in a competitive environment, they are fundamentally a business that believes in winning albeit fairly, honestly and with integrity.
The culture of the business is non-corporate, and understands the flexibility required to enjoy a healthy work/life balance.
You will be reporting into the CEO and will join a leadership team consisting of a Head of Product, Head of Marketing, Head of Sales and Head of Operations.
The Head of Finance will be integral to building out and driving improved strategic and commercial support for the leadership team, establishing improved processes and controls, and implementing oversight of day-to-day finance to facilitate the next phase of rapid expansion.
General duties will include:
· Preparing and presenting financial information and board packs for the investors and leadership team
· Providing strategic consultation to the CEO and senior stakeholders
· Establish improved budgeting and forecasting processes (FP&A)
· Create long term strategic planning and financial modelling for expansion
· Support the international side of the business from a compliance, currency and accounting perspective
· Oversee the completion of month-end, management account production and VAT returns
· Provide Business Partner support to Sales, marketing and Operations teams including setup of performance KPI's (with a view to identifying efficiency gains in stock control and distribution)
· Oversee the day-to-day Financial Operations of the business (Cash management including AP, AR, Credit Control, Payroll, cash flow forecasting)
· Continuously review and improve processes and financial controls as the business' complexity and international exposure increase
· Build out, mentor and manage the Finance function
· Act as main point of contact for audit and ensure delivery of accurate statutory accounts
· Support the CEO and Leadership team on multiple ad-hoc projects, commercial negotiations, and fundraising
· Evaluate and advise on marketing investments
· Ensuring accurate product costings and pricing to enable targeting margins
· Relevant sector experience (e-commerce, FMCG, Apparel, Fashion)
· Qualified (ACCA, ACA, CIMA)
· Engaging and excellent communication skills
· Experience with multi-currency transactions
· Commercially astute
· Technically strong accounting knowledge
· Prior leadership experience
· Demonstratable process improvement and system setup experience
· Experience in both SMEs and larger businesses
· Experience leading a business through a similar growth cycle
Between January 2nd and March 1st, a January start would be preferred.
The ecommerce business model and the running marketplace have cushioned the business from covid restrictions and have allowed the business to continue to rapidly grow over the last 12 months. Office work is voluntary, they have a flexible approach towards remote working with many of the team choosing to come to the office at least partially.
£60,000 - £70,000 + Benefits
Please get in touch with Olly at Harmonic Finance.
Please feel free to circulate this with any friends or contacts that may be interested.
Follow us on Twitter: @HarmonicGroupHQ
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'