Our client is a specialist mortgage lender which is going through a significant period of change and growth. This is a great opportunity for an experienced Head of Finance or Finance Manager to join an established and highly respected organisation and to build a truly world class finance function in a highly customer focused lender.
In return there is a highly competitive remuneration package and a location next to the beautiful Lake District. If you do not currently live in the area, there is a relocation package on offer and with work life balance very important to them and their culture, they can offer some flexibility in terms of working from home or in an office closer to you for part of the week.
Areas of Responsibility
- Day to day management of the finance department (with the exception of the treasury dealing function)
- Supervise the preparation of the monthly management accounts, including forecast and variance reporting
- Supervise the completion and timely submission of all tax returns
- Agreement of objectives with and appraisal of finance department staff (with the exception of the treasury dealer)
- Supervise the maintenance and reconciliation of the fixed asset register.
- Manage the cost control procedures
- Provide analytical and accounting support to the Finance Director including the preparation of finance-related board papers
- Prepare annual statutory financial accounts for the business and all subsidiaries
- Manage the interim and annual audit process
- Supervise and produce budgets and forecasts including revisions throughout the year
Skills and Behaviours required
- Qualified accountant with 10+ years’ experience in a finance function
- 5+ years’ experience working in or managing a financial department
- Experience of managing/developing teams, organising projects and priorities, managing key stakeholders
- Retail banking/mortgage experience preferable. Good understanding of the UK financial services environment and the mortgage/retail savings market
- Finance Function
- Finance Manager
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job