Head of Finance - Engineering
Haig&Co have been retained to identify a Head of Finance for this thriving and long-established engineering firm based in Warwickshire. This organisation is a multi-site, international operation with an enviable client list of some of the worlds largest automotive, aeronautical and specialist engineering and manufacturing businesses.The Role:
The role of Head of Finance will be responsible for heading up the finance, accounting, machine logistics, HR and operational functions. Reporting directly into the Managing Director, this post will be a critical business partner to the MD and all members of the leadership team and manage a team of 10.
The focus will be on effective financial control and reporting, supply chain management, contractual reviews, tender processes and commercial business partnering which will require robust, knowledgeable and informed stakeholder engagement supported by exceptional MI.Role Responsibilities:
- Effective management of finance department
- Contribute on key commercial issues to leadership team
- Operate business within legislative boundaries
- Develop tools for optimal working capital management
- Utilising key business cockpits, improve internal control systems
- Continuous improvement initiatives
- Deliver timely and regular weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reporting
- Maximise return on invested capital
- Develop effective credit control management
- Prepare financial key figures for budgets
- Ensure company legal compliance
- Optimise company process efficiencies
- Maintain and assist in security of IT infrastructure
Main Job Remit
- Prepare timely KPI's that are rewarded monthly, quarterly and annual management and statutory accounts
- Compile and supervise annual budgets
- Management of accounts, sales and purchase ledger
- Manage cash flow and control working capital
- Utilise on-line reporting tools for risk and insurance
- Be responsible for all HR issues including payroll processing and management
- Preparation of performance measures eg dashboards and metric creation
- Liaise externally with 3rd parties such as auditors, bankers, insurers and legal advisors
- Develop and coordinate company processes/controls and IT systems
- Apply prudent and commercial cost control and maximise profitability potential
We are looking to talk to fully qualified finance professionals (CIMA, ACA or ACCA) with experience group reporting and able to deliver timely and accurate information to the exec team and group.
This role will suit an individual with ideally a successful track record in the engineering, aerospace or automotive sectors who is able to evidence business partnering skills with success. Personality-wise, this will suit an ambitious and ready to make your mark in a very successful business with a route to an eventual CFO position.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'