We are excited to be partnering with a leading membership organisation looking to recruit a creative and results focused Head of Events & Engagement to lead an award-winning events team to help push on and enhance the brand's engagement activities both internal and external in London's busy and vibrant West End.
The post holder will also be seen as a key player in strategic planning to improve internal communications and staff engagement and will work with senior leaders to raise their profile and work closely with potential sponsors, partners and speakers.
The role represents a fantastic and interesting opportunity to join a team that has:
- Has a track record of identifying new subjects, creating strong and and attracting leading speakers
- Will play a pivotal role in projects celebrating the public impact of the centenary year.
- Has enjoyed considerable success over the last 3 years, more than tripling the income from events and improving delegate experiences.
- Has grown in number and in remit, reflecting its success within the organisation.
- Is the heart of the flagship annual conference for members, leading political figures, top speakers and the media.
- Leading the planning, design and delivery of the annual programme of conferences and events. These include the flagship two-day annual conference for industry leaders, revenue-generating national higher education conferences; and stakeholder engagement events to promote industry policies and priorities.
- Playing a significant leadership role in planning and delivering high-impact events and engagement activities, both internal and external.
- Develop and manage and inspiring the award winning events and engagement team, which is made up of Senior Events Officer, Events Producer, Marketing and Internal Communications Officer and Events Assistants - setting clear objectives, providing guidance and considering their development needs to enable the business to grow and meet objectives.
- Introducing innovations to enhance the quality and impact of events, integrating this with wider communications activities, to make conferences the must attend events which add value for our members.
- Working closely with the HR team, the Marketing and Internal Comms Officer and staff reps in 3 different locations to improve internal communications and staff engagement in line with feedback from annual staff survey and action planning.
Person Specification -
- A track record of success in managing events and conferences with a national profile as part of a busy and varied events programme.
- Knowledge of innovations and best practice in marketing to successfully target and engage the right delegates.
- Experience of building relationships with internal and external partners that deliver mutual benefit
- Knowledge of how events can play a powerful role in integrated communications campaigns, and experience of using events to strengthen the reputation of an organisation.
Huntress Search Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of 'protected characteristics' as defined under the Equality Act and other relevant UK legislation.
Huntress Search Ltd acts as a Recruitment Agency in relation to all Permanent roles and as a Recruitment Business in relation to all Temporary roles.
PLEASE NOTE: We can only consider applications from candidates who have the right to work in the UK.
- Higher Education
- Conferences & Events