Head of European Freight Operations - Essex - VR/18564
Our client, an international logistics company based in Essex, is looking for a Senior Manager with experience of European Operations to join their team.
Main purpose of the position:
Reporting directly to the MD, the main duties will be to manage, develop, sell, and operate the company's European and Drinks Logistics services.
- Deal with all issues and be proactive in problem solving
- Price negotiation and decision making on our suppliers, carriers and clients
- Jointly design and implement strategy with the Director
- Be commercially proactive and ensure that the business always makes a profit and that all overhead and operating costs are kept to the best market rates possible
- Set KPIs and agree Standard Operating Procedures with all Partners, Carriers and Clients
- Travel to Partners, Carrier and Client sites
- Review and report weekly and monthly profits
- Motivate the team for best performance - ensure team briefing and de-briefing every morning and evening
- Produce monthly sales targets, actions and results
Salary: depending on previous experience.
To apply, or for further information, please email your CV to the Shipping Team of Red Recruit at quoting reference; VR/18564
Red Recruit is a specialist recruitment consultancy with global prominence in the Shipping and Freight industry, covering road, sea and air freight imports and exports as well as other associated sectors. We provide an expert consultative, project managed approach, which recognises the unique skills and talents of every candidate. Founded in 2002 and boasting increasing success, Red Recruits mission is to serve likeminded Clients and Candidates and be a collaborator in their growth and progression. We accomplish this utilizing our skilled approaches and methodologies and we offer tailored solutions to suit specific needs. Clients of Red Recruit are able to access a wealth of knowledge and experience via our recruitment consultants; many of whom possess extensive experience of their specialist sector.
The types of vacancies within the shipping industry that we specialise in include the following: sea freight, road freight, air freight, deep sea, TIR freight, trailer freight, freight forwarder, FCL, LCL, part load, full load, groupage, customs clearance, customs entries, CNS, Destin8, Impatex, CHIEF, NES, ASM GEMS, MultiFreight, DataFreight, NVO and NVOCC.
Proud sponsors of the BIFA awards since 2011
Please do not apply for this position unless you have current or recent experience within the shipping or freight forwarding industry. We are a niche recruiter and have a duty to our clients. We will only respond to candidates with directly relevant experience.
Due to the current large volume of applicants for roles, unfortunately if you have not received a response within five working days you have been unsuccessful.