Head of Estate Management
As our Head of Estates you'll be taking responsibility for a diverse portfolio in a business of unique breadth and scope, accountable for the way we manage our whole £1.2bn estates portfolio. This consists of around 160 freehold and leasehold locations across the UK. From hospitals to wellbeing sites, you will make sure our estate evolves in step with our Connected Health proposition.
Playing an active role in high profile negotiations, you will deal with landlords and leases. Reviewing the portfolio, you will manage property agents and consider both how we buy and lease property. You will be instrumental in lowering the costs of lease agreements and acquisitions alike. While strategy is ultimately the remit of our Property Director, you will enjoy great scope to develop and implement estates management strategies.
We'll expect you to hit the ground running, so it's essentially we're looking for you to bring the following to the position:
- Highly skilled estates manager with experience of managing multiple sites
- Expert in negotiating on buying and leasing property, managing the deal and the due diligence
- Established and managed performance/property management database systems
- Experienced at managing financial targets and reporting systems
- A solid and essential understanding of relevant tax procedures
- Skilled at highlighting and managing risk to the business
- Qualified Chartered Surveyor or similar qualification
As a leader within Nuffield Health, we'll be looking for you to demonstrate the following behaviours that we believe are critical to our success:
- An effective influencer with the ability to engage with a wide variety of key stakeholders and colleagues at all levels with essential stakeholder management skills in a matrix environment
- A strong team leader, being able to lead by inspiring, engaging and driving performance from direct and indirect teams towards a common goal
- Team ethic - the large ambitions of Nuffield Health cannot be achieved in pockets and silos. The particular complexities of the business means large scale change can only be achieved by working with others who have complementing and differing skills to achieve massive scale change.
Reporting to the Property and Procurement Director and leading a small team, you'll need to engage with the wider stakeholders. So, whether it's managing stakeholders or negotiating for win-win results, your communication and relationship building skills are the perfect complement to your professional credibility.
We promise to support you with training, career development and our unique health and wellbeing focused benefits package. This includes free membership of your local Fitness and Wellbeing Club, physiotherapy services and an annual health assessment, as well as a range of lifestyle and financial wellbeing benefits.
At Nuffield Health, everyone is passionate about making a difference. Combined with our expert knowledge and innovative thinking, this has enabled us to become Britain's largest not for profit healthcare provider. Across our network, brilliant people benefit from our commitment to invest every penny in our services and teams. Join us, and we'll bring out the specialist in you.
Find out more and apply at nuffieldhealthcareers.com
- FACILITIIES DIRECTOR
- ESTATE MANAGEMENT; CHARTERED SURVEYOR; PROPERTY DIRECTOR
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job