Dematic is a leading supplier of integrated automated technology, software and services to optimize the supply chain. Dematic employs over 6,000 skilled logistics professionals to serve its customers globally, with engineering centers and manufacturing facilities located across the globe. Dematic has implemented more than 4,500 integrated systems for a customer base that includes small, medium and large companies doing business in a variety of market sectors.
Headquartered in Grand Rapids, Michigan, Dematic is a member of KION Group, a global leader in industrial trucks, related services and supply chain solutions. Across more than 100 countries worldwide, the KION Group designs, builds and supports logistics solutions that optimize material and information flow within factories, warehouses and distribution centers. The company is the largest manufacturer of industrial trucks in Europe, the second-largest producer of forklifts globally and a leading provider of warehouse automation.
The development of enhancement propositions for existing customers is driven by a dynamic, innovative and customer sales focused team, that can define and deliver a solution that supports the specific customer need from a product and cost perspective.
We are now looking for an experienced automation warehousing professional to head up this team. With a passion and enthusiasm for working with customers to really understand how we can support their requirement within automation warehousing within a growing part of the dematic business.
Purpose of the role:
The role will be responsible for managing the team that can define the most appropriate solution for the enhancement of the existing customer solution. This requires a true understanding of the customer industry and the issues that industry faces within intralogistics and how best practice within automation really suppports this.
To be the principle point of contact for aftermarket (existing customer) sales opportunities
- To maintain and enhance the relationships with existing customers to ensure we are first point of contact for any enahncement opportunity and where possible can be involved in the business discussions about what the solution needs to deliver
- To deliver excellence in our solution to ensure it matches the customer requirement within a cost effective proposition
- To liaise with Sales Managers and Customer Account Managers to ensure a joined up approach to the over-arcing customer management strategy is acheived
- Work with Dematic Engineering and Project Management teams to esnure time scales and customer delivery is acheived on time and on budget
- To manage and support a team of enhancement sales professionals to ensure they have the resources required to deliver a challenging sales budget
To be successful in this business critical sales role you have a passion for working with customers and a broader sales engineering and project delivery team ideally built within the warehousing industry. You will be a strong and confident communicator and people manager with the passion for delivering excellence and innovative thinking that ensures customer and business buy-in. Ideally you also be HNC / Degree qualified in an engineering discipline.
Above all you will be looking to join a dynamic and innovative business right at the top of its game.
- Proposal Writing
- Man Management
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job