Do NOT miss this fantastic Head of English Teacherjob opportunity!
We are currently seeking to appoint a dynamic and capable Head of English Teacher to work in a 'Good' Secondary School in the London borough of Newham.
The Head of English Teacher role will require you to deliver a strategic approach for your colleagues, so they can act upon any national or internal developments within the subject in the school.
You will ensure that school policies are implemented within the department whilst also ensuring departmental evaluation is effective both in terms of staff performance and the academic standards attained.
The Head of English must ensure that at each examination Key Stage appropriate revision resources and sessions are in place to fully support each pupil in achieving their best possible outcome.
The ideal Head of English applicant will:
- Contribute to the collective ethos of the school by requiring high professional standards from colleagues and appropriate behaviour from students.
- Contribute to the development of the school as a whole.
- Ensure the learning environment in the department is of a high quality and is tidy and safe.
- Help maintain a calm and purposeful atmosphere around the school, in and out of classrooms
- Attend all relevant meetings appropriate to their role, as specified by the school.
- Carry out following consultation and any other reasonable task determined by the Headteacher.
- Ensure that the department is represented on all relevant school working groups.
This Head of English role will provide the successful candidate with a fantastic and unique career experience and the opportunity to work with the Ofsted rated 'Good' and 'Outstanding' colleagues.
Not looking for a new job yourself? know an English Teacher in East London looking for a new job? Refer them to apply for this Head of English job advert and you will receive a referral bonus (Terms and conditions apply).
Please note that due to the high volume of applicants expected to apply for this position, only suitable candidates will be contacted.