Head of Engineering - London
Full time, permanent
A fast-growing IT services company, Gentrack works with some of the biggest utility companies and airports worldwide. The company adopts a relaxed work environment with a diverse and multinational culture and is on the path to becoming an entirely agile organisation.
As a maturing product company, Gentrack is establishing a Head of Engineering role which will help evolve our structure and processes for quality and growth, while supporting our teams and inspire excellence.
As part of the global product Senior Leadership team lead by our CTO, you will represent product development in the UK, and gain perspective as we evolve. We will support and encourage your personal growth both on the job and through training opportunities. While you will spend most of your time with your UK-based team, we will ask you to travel to New Zealand to build relationships with the other product development groups, and just maybe a hobbit or two :)
Head of Engineering main duties and responsibilities:
- Run our UK based Product Development team of 50-100+ people through your Tribe Leads.
- Be a Leader, comfortable with managing software product delivery, operations, coaching teams, an agile mindset, and a clear understanding of the business’ bigger picture.
- Play a pivotal role in inspiring and motivating everyone in the Product Development group to be the best they can be.
- Drive change within the development organisation and foster a positive culture of continuous improvement.
- Work closely with other Senior Leaders in the UK to help us transform the business in line with our strategic roadmap.
The ideal Head of Engineering will:
- Have experience in transforming growing software companies towards an established product capability, with a strong quality focus and reliable delivery cadence that support customer’s current and future needs.
- Be a charismatic team player who can influence and be influenced to find solutions as one team.
- Have experience in managing product software development teams and working as a leader of leaders.
- Have a passion for people and a track record of nurturing and growing them to be the best they can be.
- Have a relentless drive for continuous improvement in processes, others and yourself.
- Have experience with a software product company that values agile principles and practices.
A relevant tertiary qualification could help, but isn’t mandatory. A 'Can do’ attitude, combined with the ability to ask open question and listen intently and an optimistic outlook on life, common sense and a sense of humour are essential.
What we can offer:
- Generous salary
- 24 days of holiday/year plus bank holidays
- Private health insurance
- Season ticket loan
- Life assurance
- Pension contribution
- Gym allowance
- Cycle to work scheme
- Eye care vouchers
- Fresh fruit every day
- Free Yoga sessions every week
- Subsidized onsite massage
- End of month free drinks and pizza
- Social clubs and activities - bowling, mini golf etc
- Access to a benefits platform offering lots of retail discounts
You will be a team player and an integral contributor supporting the transformation of engineering in the UK. We are evolving our operating model where we will be driving quality and delivery outcomes by separating customer success and services from a more centralised and targeted product development function. The chances are you have been down this path before, but you continue to learn and be inspired by others.
You take a system-wide view in creating conditions and focus, allowing your cross-functional teams to flourish. The teams you support build strong bonds, challenge each other to inspire excellence, and support one another through the rough patches. Your background in software engineering allows you to jump into the conversation, to challenge thinking for quality, thinking within the product constraints. Celebrating success is a given, but so too is how you handle the difficult times with compassion. Overall, you seek to create an environment where the best people you know will join you in making a meaningful contribution on our product journey.
This is your opportunity to join an organisation that has a great positive culture, and the determination to transform and constantly improve. Gentrack is enjoying strong international growth and has a bright future delivering challenging software projects to some of the most innovative utilities and airports around the globe.
Please only apply for this Head of Engineering position if you have the right to work in the UK.
- Software Development
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'