The following job is no longer available:
Head of Engineering Maintenance and Installations
Head of Engineering Maintenance and Installations
Abingdon Rd, Culham, UK
Department: Central Engineering
Salary: £66,897 to £70,874 (inclusive of MPP) + excellent benefits including outstanding pension
Confirmed Grade: Level 6*
Site Location: UKAEA Culham, Oxfordshire
By 2050, the planet could be using twice as much electricity compared to today. Are you interested in managing a team, contributing to shaping the future of the world’s low carbon energy generation mix? If so, read on.
Fusion, the process that powers the Sun and stars, is one of the most promising options for generating the cleaner, carbon-free energy that our world badly needs. UKAEA are at the forefront of realising energy from fusion, working with industry and research partners to deliver the ground-breaking developments that will underpin tomorrow's fusion power stations with the aim of bringing fusion electricity to the grid.
Who are we looking for?
This is a unique opportunity for an experienced team manager to cultivate an environment that promotes proactive, intelligent working, individual accountability and effective delivery of engineering projects and maintenance programmes that ultimately underpin the mission of the organisation. You will be tasked with leading teams to solve a variety of engineering problems, from the use of novel engineering in mechanical and instrumentation components and systems to more conventional industrial utilities plant maintenance. You will be competent in managing major contracts for teams of craft effort.
You will have a degree (or equivalent) in an engineering or related discipline and will have previous experience of contractor management on an operational site. You will have exceptional collaboration skills and will have a broad and deep understanding of construction processes, practices, current standards and industry best-practice. A commercially minded approach is required to be successful, and ideally, a track record of delivering high technology science or technology constructions to time, budget, safety and quality.
What will you be responsible for?
- Contract management oversight of on-site Industrial Site Services
- Maintaining the resource capacity and skill set at the necessary level through forward planning of maintenance and refurbishment activities
- Overseeing third line deep engineering maintenance of specialised fusion equipment
- Management of teams taking the lead in projects and contracts as requested by the Department Manager
- You will also be required to be a non-classified radiation worker and a Beryllium worker
Essential skills, experience and competences required:
- A degree (or equivalent) in engineering or related discipline
- Broad and deep understanding of construction processes, practices, current standards and industry best-practice
- Experienced in industrial plant maintenance and asset management, steering and promoting appropriate levels of asset care monitoring and intervention
- Demonstrated ability to lead teams and develop organisations
- Strong craft effort contractor management experience on an operational site
- Ability to cultivate an environment that promotes proactive, intelligent working, individual accountability and effective delivery of projects
- Familiarity with modern standards in the areas of Safety, Health and Environment, and Quality Assurance
Desirable skills, experience and competences:
- A track record of delivering high technology science or technology constructions to time, budget, safety and quality
What we offer
- A competitive salary
- A culture committed to being fully inclusive, supported by a Being Inclusive Strategy and Inclusion Ambassadors
- An Employee Assistance Programme and trained Mental Health First Aiders, with a full calendar of health and wellbeing initiatives
- Flexible working options including family friendly policies
- Emergency leave (paid)
- 30.5 days’ annual leave (including privilege days and 3 days between Christmas and New Year) increased with length of service
- Wide range of career development opportunities (e.g. professional registration, internal promotions, coaching and mentoring programme)
- Outstanding defined benefit pension scheme
- Annual corporate bonus scheme
- Relocation allowance (if eligible)
We welcome applications from under-represented groups, particularly from individuals from black and other ethnic minority backgrounds, including nationality and citizenship, people with disabilities, (visible and hidden) and women. Our dedicated Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Partner, with the support of our Inclusion Ambassadors, is actively promoting and advancing diversity and inclusion in the organisation to help make our organisation an employer of choice. We are easily accessible by car and are a 10 minute walk from Culham Railway Station.
Please be advised that this vacancy is due to close on 1st April 2021. We may close earlier than this date if large or sufficient numbers of applications are received.
Please note, all employees working at the UK Atomic Energy Authority will be required to complete an online Disclosure Certificate application as part of their clearance – The Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) checks will show the details of all current criminal convictions (convictions considered unspent under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974) or will confirm that there are no such convictions.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'