At TUI, we never stop looking ahead, seeking new ways to delight our customers and grow our business. We recognise the power of digital and the massive contribution this brings to creating a truly unique and differentiated customer experience.
We have embarked on an exciting, large scale digital transformation programme and are looking for talented and dedicated people to join the Group Marketing and Customer Analytics Big Data Platforms, part of TUI’s international Digital Transformation team.
This role will be responsible for running the software development, testing and infrastructure teams within these programmes, working with the programme managers to deliver the new systems.
This is a great opportunity to join a team of high-quality, innovative and like-minded people, who are driving the development of compelling cloud based solutions to leapfrog TUIs capabilities in the Analytics, Reporting and Personalised Marketing.
What you will be doing
You will act as the delivery authority for our software engineering teams and provide technical leadership during the development, build, test and deployment phases, ensuring all engineering teams are working to best practice. You will be responsible for the full software development lifecycle internally within the teams as well as working with external stakeholders such as business executives and programme managers to resolve issues. Planning and managing scope and resources to deliver new features will be a core responsibility.
You will help us transition our current processes into a best in class dev-ops approach to building and releasing features. You will ensure we have the teams and capability to perform automated end to end testing across both our functional and non-functional requirements. You will also carefully manage expectations with our stakeholders to ensure we can deliver innovative solutions on time into our source markets.
You will have a strong background of managing development and test teams with a blended mix of onshore, nearshore and offshore resources. You will be comfortable taking a best-practice approach to agile software delivery within an overall waterfall programme management framework. In particular, we are looking for a rare blend of core technical understanding across the full technology stack, coupled with the ability to manage very senior stakeholders around the world.
What we are looking for
• Experience of end to end Big Data oriented projects - inception to go-live
• Experience of delivering business intelligent capability, either as structured data warehouses or as KPI dashboards onto existing systems.
• Proven experience as development and test manager for complex systems using multiple technologies and managing teams of 50+ people.
• Comfortable managing remote teams of developers and testers around the world, each using different technology sets and concepts (e.g. unstructured data vs RDBMS, BI tools vs Java vs .NET)
• Overall knowledge of Hadoop technology ecosystem - HDFS, Spark, Impala, Hbase, Kafka, Flume, Sqoop, Oozie, SPARK, Avro, Parquet and the Amazon Web Services serverless stack for big data and analytics would be highly desirable as would some background in structured data storage such as RDBMS and SQL.
• Previous development experience building on the AWS serverless technology stack along with hands on use of the AWS APIs would be highly advantageous.
• Background in agile development proces with a desire to move to full devops
• Retained sufficient coding skill to be able to build small proof of concept demonstrators as needed to guide technical staff
• Able to promote best practice throughout all delivery teams and know instinctively when an existing practice is not helpful or carries unacceptable risk
• Able to use planning tools such as Jira and Microsoft Project to ensure commitments made to overall milestones can be justified by current status of sprints and feature backlog.
• Able to support QA managers in delivering best practice around automated functional testing, performance testing and penetration testing.
Working within TUI group
TUI UK and Ireland is the UK’s largest tour operator with key brands including TUI, First Choice, Marella Cruises and Crystal Ski Holidays. Sub brands include Sensatori, Sensimar, and Family Life, as well as First Choice Holiday Villages and SplashWorld Resorts. Our airline is the UK’s third largest with 62 aircraft operating to over 88 destinations in 30 countries. We have a team of more than 10,000 employees serving over 5.5 million customers each year.
It’s our people that make us number one
TUI Group is the leading tourism business with over 67,000 employees across the world. The Group includes our unique hotel portfolio, our cruise ships, our own aircraft, tour operators, travel agencies, and much more. At TUI, we have embarked on a journey of development towards a more digital, connected and integrated future. But we haven’t arrived there yet. Join us now and shape the future of travel.
You can look forward to a competitive salary, pension scheme and further benefits such as generous holiday discounts, great rates with foreign exchange and discounts with retailers.
How to apply
Please click on the link below, the application process consists of answering a few questions and uploading your CV.