Job Title: Head of Energy Bureau
Location: South Wales
Job Sector: Energy/Billing Validation
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: Up to £52,000 p.a + car + bens
Job Reference: SS/19740
About the Company:
A leading renewable energy management solutions provider, working with clients in both the public and private sectors in order to assist the government in achieving its target to produce15% of all energy generated from renewable sources by 2020. They provide an 'unmatched’ bespoke, total utility service offering under one roof with the goal of creating long - term value for their clients.
About the Role:
Based in Cardiff, you will be required to head up the Energy Bureau, leading the Bill Validation and Recoveries teams, with full P & L responsibility for both.
You will focus on business management, strategic growth and the strategic management of the bureau business with a particular emphasis on customer interaction, satisfaction and growth.
The department has a line management structure covering the technical and operations staff - you would be required to oversee the department as a whole with 30 direct reports via this line management structure.
More specific duties will include;
- Strategic planning, development and operational delivery of the energy estates department, providing utility bill validation, bureau, treasury and payment recovery services to a variety of large corporate multi - site customers.
- Lead and support the Bill Validation & Recoveries departments to deliver agreed objectives, business growth and customer satisfaction
- Ensure optimal operational efficiencies and integrity of data and to promote interaction with other areas of the business
- The role includes the development of staff and the business area including improvements to current services and integration of new customers
- Management, support and development of the Bill Validation and Recoveries department to achieve objectives
- Pro-actively review team on an ongoing basis to ensure strong development plans are in place
- Represent the B8ill Validation and Recoveries departments both internally and externally
- Responsibility for P & L including; costs, invoicing, accruals, deferrals and debt
- Business development, marketing and sales activity to new/potential customers (including speaking at industry events)
- Customer visits, reporting and query management, upselling any new opportunities and retaining customers
- Contract governance
- Strategic departmental planning ensuring that the service is best of class within the industry
- Monitoring and delivery of KPI’s/SLA’s
Key Skills/Experience Required:
In order to be considered for the role for Head of Energy Bureau, you must possess the following;
- Strong experience and knowledge of procurement, energy bureau services, energy efficiency and team management
- A good understanding of mechanical and electrical energy systems within buildings
- Experience of Excel based data analysis at an advanced level
- Prior experience of having full P & L responsibility
- Project Management experience
- The ability to build healthy and effective working relationships with internal and external clients and suppliers
- First - class leadership skills
- A degree level qualification and/or membership of a professional body in an energy related industry
- A basic salary of up to £52,000 p.a
- Company Car
- Share scheme
- Much more
If your application is successful we will contact you to discuss the opportunity in more detail, within 48 hours of receiving your application.
Due to the overwhelming Application response we receive through various sources should you not hear from us within one week then please assume your application has been unsuccessful.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job