Role: Head of Electricity Distribution Networks
Salary: £60 000 - £70 000/annum + 10% discretionary bonus
Job type: Permanent
About the role
The Electricity Head of Distribution Networks will be responsible for all processes necessary for the safe, efficient, compliant and effective management of the design, construction, operation, maintenance and integrity of Electricity Distribution Networks operating up to 33KV. The Head of Electricity Networks will work in accordance with the company’s standards, industry standards and legislation. This role will assure the delivery of processes and that high standards are undertaken by the Operations Delivery team. This role has presented itself due to growth in the business.
- The Electricity Head of Networks is an opportunity for you to work as a key member of the management team where you will have input in discussions and decision making regarding operational, commercial and regulatory issues.
- You will have the opportunity to innovate and to embed continuous improvement and innovation in the business.
- The opportunity is matched to someone who is energetic and has a curious approach to problem solving.
- Work with a customer- centric culture to develop the best possible service.
About the Company
This company is one of the largest and longest established Network Operators who own and operate gas and electricity networks and gas smart meters all over UK. Customers include a variety of residential, industrial and commercial networks.
- Assessment and approval of ICPs, Contractors, Emergency Service, and other Service Providers that the company may employ from time to time.
- Build relationships with stakeholders that will contribute to Industrial and Commercial targets.
- The development of the company’s design and operational policies and procedures.
- Assure compliance with the company asset adoption requirements by ICP partners.
- Implement appropriate measures for the assessment and approval of the design and specification for distribution networks submitted to the company by its ICP partners for the company adoption.
- Responsible for the company’s processes and procedures for switching schedules for HV works and associated work permit regimes.
- Maintain high level operational liaison with other electricity distributors.
- Maintain liaison with Electricity Suppliers, Emergency, and other Service Providers, ICPs and other electricity distributors with regard to technical and operational matters.
- Assure compliance with the company’s internal design and construction policies and standards and its Distribution Safety Rules
- Responsible for the review of the status, adequacy and effectiveness of the asset maintenance regime, safety policies and technical standards.
- Develop and implement asset maintenance and inspection regimes.
- You will act as Duty Manager in the event of an incident.
- You will support the company 'Out of Hours’ standby rota.
Experience required as the Head of Electricity Networks
A Senior Authorised Person (SAP) is desirable, with proven experience in the design, construction, operation (including Control) and maintenance of LV and HV distribution networks.
Experience and attributes
- A minimum of an HND OR HNC degree or any qualification equivalent in Electrical Power Engineering OR Electrical Engineering.
- The candidate should be working towards or holding a Chartered Status.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of the management of the planning, construction and operation of electricity distribution networks operating at up to 33kV.
- A Senior Authorised person - SAP will be a good contender you will have the technical application necessary to make informed decsions.
- Ability to manage the design, construction and operation of EHV Networks operating at up to 132kV
- Knowledge of the selection and procurement of materials to be used in the construction of electricity distribution networks.
- Knowledge of the New Roads and Street Works Act 1991 (NRSWA), the Traffic Management Act 2004 for England & Wales and the Transport (Scotland) Act 2005 for Scotland.
- In depth knowledge of the electricity industry Standards, Recommendations, Specifications and Legislation relevant to the construction and operation of electricity distribution networks.
- Excellent relationship management skills.
- Knowledge of Wayleave, Easement and Land Transfer requirements and negotiations.
Please Apply now for the Electricity Head of Networks vacancy!
- Power Utilities
- Distribution Network
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'