Best known by our 3 power brands; Simply Be, Jacamo and of course JD Williams, we generated revenues of over £887 million in 2016/2017, with (adjusted)pre-tax profits of £80.6 million. Our vision is to become a leading digital retailer and to continue to expand our active customer base of over 4 million, becoming the universally loved experts in fashion that fits by helping our customers’ look and feel amazing through our trusted family of over 20 brands.
As the Head of eCommerce, your duties will be to:
- Manage the in-season trading of products online, launching new phases of products, managing in-season trading and sales, driving improvements in category bounce rate and conversion and optimising the product offer for core customer groups and business targets.
- Become the online customer champion by developing a close understanding of customer behaviour using data, customer research and customer reviews.
- Manage and leading on delivering the best online customer experience possible working closely with the CRM team leads to optimise the online performance of prospects, new and existing customers, cash and credit, to deliver against customer performance goals such as demand per account and response rate.
- Inspire and engage our customers through the delivery of the brand experience across our websites working closely with the brand and CRM teams to deliver the brand personality and objectives; creating inspiring online content, including homepage content, content through the customer journey developing strategies to use the brand experience to drive engagement and loyalty.
- Identify and understand opportunities to improve our performance in the market by watching competitors, identify emerging technologies, developments and innovations, strategies and inform and look to champion these as appropriate.
- Recruit, train, develop and motivate the team to delivery their objectives, helping to establish strategies, identify opportunities, seek out efficiencies and deliver the team objectives and return on investment.
To be a successful Head of eCommerce you will have the following skills and experience:
- Previous experience within a similar eCommerce role within the retail with a particular focus on fashion.
- Experience of managing an online retailer with the ability to help shape / predict future digital trends.
- Full understanding of all aspects of marketing and strong cognition of business structure and strategy.
- An awareness, or understanding of, P&L experience.
- Understanding and championing the customer, strong opinion to shape and drive the forward strategy.
- Experienced in leading digital teams, with clear results focus, excited by change and innovation.
- A stronger leader and influencer with the ability to develop a team and build relationships with key stakeholders.
In return, the Head of eCommerce will receive a salary of £70,000 – £80,000 per annum plus excellent benefits.
Employees in our business may have access to our customers’ personal data therefore for a number of our roles, offers of employment are subject to a satisfactory criminal record check. Having a criminal record will not necessarily prevent an individual from obtaining a position with JD Williams.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job