This role is to lead the design and architecture of the Groups current and future websites, ensuring they are in-line with functional strategies and support future commercial developments. In addition, lead and manage the development of the technical web team to ensure engagement and focus on delivery.
PRINCIPAL JOB OBJECTIVES:
This role owns the design, architecture, development & testing of all relevant systems that the Web Development Team are reliant on. Managing both the team and supporting system to deliver exceptional commercial features and ensure the highest level of site availability.
The development team is responsible for the development and support of the Group websites along with interfaces to internal applications and third party applications. The development team is a mix of internal and external resources.
SKILL & EXPERIENCE:
- Solid knowledge of various platforms including Demandware and Magento and ideally working with bespoke platforms
- Keeping up to date with tech, (not necessarily commercial) experience other languages (Ruby, nodejs, Cloud, Clojure, etc)
- Nice to have: Selenium, TeamCity, CSS3, mobile dev, Pair programming, CI, OSS involvement (github, codeplex, etc), Azure, AWS
- Must have: passion for good architecture, refactoring legacy systems,
- Experience in leading web development teams along with several years as a development
- Experience of full project life cycle including ideally re-platforming projects
- Knowledge of database design in SQL Server
- Knowledge of common design patterns and architecture
- Experience of full systems development life cycle and development methods
- Experience of managing a team of people in excess of 6
- In depth knowledge of good engineering practices - solid principles and design patterns
- Software Development