Cooper Lomaz are seeking a passionate and driven Head of Direct Tax to lead a UK Tax team for our FTSE listed client. This highly visible and influential role will initially lead on a full review of current compliance processes before implementing a full transformation project to improve delivery capability and create reporting efficiencies.
Alongside the initial transformation project, the Head of Direct Tax will also manage a small, dedicated team of tax professionals, taking ownership for Direct Tax strategy and planning across the UK, whilst also acting as a technical expert on all UK Tax related queries. The role will also be the main point of contact for all HMRC correspondence, managing Tax audits as and when required. Candidates will need to be flexible in their approach and will be willing to travel to London on a regular basis.
Key projects within the role will include:
- Make necessary improvements to Tax forecasting and reporting processes
- Review current Tax compliance and documentation processes to ensure they are fit for purpose
- Ad hoc business projects, providing insight from a Tax compliance perspective
Other daily responsibilities will include:
- Management of the Direct Tax team ensuring continued personal and professional development
- Responsibility for SAO process and sign off
- Transfer pricing
- Management of external HMRC relationship and lead on all required negotiations
- Take ownership for the delivery of all internal and external tax reporting on a monthly and quarterly basis
The successful candidate will ideally be a fully qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA or equivalent) and/or a fully qualified Tax professional (CTA or equivalent). Candidates will ideally have gained experience within a large corporate or listed environment or will have experience gained within a leading accountancy practice (Ideally Big 4). An excellent technical knowledge of UK Tax legislation is essential and candidates will be able to demonstrate an ability to develop an excellent working relationship with HMRC. A proven background in change management/process transformation is also highly desirable given the initial project driven nature of this role.
For the successful candidate, a highly competitive salary and benefits package is offered combined with the opportunity to work for a highly recognisable UK brand.