We are currently recruiting for a Head of Digital Trading & Development to join our team on a 12 month maternity contract at our Head Office in Nuneaton.
The purpose of this role is to deliver the sales and profit plans across 4 websites. This role is responsible for the day to day trading of the websites to maximise online revenue, conversion, customer engagement and the digital roadmap. Working closely with the retail category and marketing team to maximise online sales and profit through implementation of category strategies including ranging, campaign and promotional activity, as well as working with IT to ensure successful delivery of new features and improved customer experience.
- Responsibility for day to day trading of the websites to deliver sales, profit and key lines in the P&L
- Develop, continually review and optimise site merchandising to improve conversion rates and average order value through understanding and developing key customer journeys, optimising pages across the website, maximising ROI of recommendations engine and developing online visual merchandising schemes in line with store
- Develop strategy to drive mobile and ensure everything done by the team is mobile first to drive conversion and revenue through this channel
- Plan and own the online merchandise calendar ensuring it is in line with marketing activity and key seasonal category trading plans
- Manage the production of management information and analysis on the performance of digital channels, supporting the marketing and development teams, in addition to the wider business
- Manage the delivery of the CRO programme and customer experience of the site including landing pages, product pages, checkout, and navigation pages
- Lead and develop a multi-functional team of 19 across merchandising, product data, optimisation, product and UX.
- Must have experience of leading a multi-functional team
- Strong presentation skills
- Able to work at pace and with conviction
- Natural negotiator and relationship builder
- Ability to solve complex problems
- Strong communication and influencing skills
- Attention to detail
- Strong organisational skills
Success in managing and retaining digital talent, developing people in their careers and ambitions
- Must be highly commercially focused with proven ability to trade profitability online
- Able to demonstrate improvements to key site indicators such as conversion, retention and AOV
- Experience in delivering online trading growth beyond marketplace expectations
- High level of experience in online merchandising and CRO strategies
- Deep knowledge of digital and ecommerce from functionality and technology through to an understanding of how to leverage these channels to maximise commercial performance
- Must have an ecommerce background
- Must have experience of agile ways of working
- Experience of CMS/MVT/Web analytics/Customer testing platforms
Holland & Barrett is one of the nation’s most loved and trusted brands, known for offering quality health food, vitamins and supplements all sold by highly trained and qualified advisors.
Bucking the current trend of high street retailers, we forecast significant growth and expansion plans in the coming years, with considerable investment going into all areas of the business. We certainly embrace change and drive speed in everything we do. Every day presents a different challenge, but every day is also filled with fun, teamwork and passion to succeed and surpass every expectation.
Join us and see how far you can go…