We're redefining travel commerce; come and join us on our journey…
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a forward thinking and strategic minded individual to join us as a Head of Digital Media Propositions within our Global Propositions team at Travelport to be based at our Global HQ in Langley, Berkshire.
The Head of Digital Media Propositions is a senior leader at the heart of the Travelport global propositions team and responsible to ensure we have clear and commercially compelling end to end value propositions for Digital Media Value propositions will encompass the content, product and service offering and the overall customer experience we present to existing and prospective customers.
The role exists to ensure we conceive, validate and commercialise end-to-end value propositions which are aligned to organisation vision and goals and which drive value for our customers, travellers and for Travelport. N.B. The team focus is on global solutions but with a strong recognition of the need for local and regional relevance driven by cultural and economic factors. The key accountability of the role is to ensure we have clear value propositions taken to market which drive up transactions, profitable revenues and customer satisfaction.
In order to achieve this the proposition leader will gain a deep understanding of their customer segment and our value propositions for that segment. In addition they’ll conceive, test and build business cases for new value propositions; work closely with product management, commercial and marketing teams to create and launch with impact and will ultimately be measured by the commercial success of Travelport in their customer segment.are aligned to Travelport’s vision and long-term goals, which will in turn, drive value for our customers and travelers.
- Commercial Opportunity: Responsible for conceiving and commercialising value propositions which meet the needs of the customer segment - ultimately measured by growth in adoption, revenues and customer satisfaction.
- Market Awareness: Responsible for maintaining a deep understanding of the Digital Media market - informed by insight from segment, customer & proposition data; from industry and market analysis; from commissioning and using market and customer research and from deep engagement at a senior level with key leaders in their customer segment (demand and supply side)
- Lean Design: Responsible for using lean design techniques to gain rapid market feedback
- Performance Tracking: Responsible for tracking and managing the performance of their propositions in market and communicating success/failure back to appropriate governance through performance indicators (i.e. revenue, growth, incidents etc.) to help leadership make informed decisions on future investment and drive accountability.
- Developed Commercially Oriented & Prioritized Initiatives: Responsible for creating and validating customer propositions aligned to organisational strategy and vision which span different geographies, markets and business areas by working with LOB leaders, marketing, and product management. Propositions to include: key customer need / challenge we are solving, outline of the solution being proposed, revenue/contribution targets, market sizing, competitive positioning, target customer segmentation, additional key metrics, product delivery estimation, and go-to-market outline. Key deliverables are strategic - market sizing, competitor analysis, SWOT analysis - resulting in customer segment strategy and proposed initiatives (e.g. sales & marketing activities, incubation/innovation, new / enhanced value props)
- Key Stakeholder: Participate and support key customer engagements, presentations, and RFPs and attend and represent Travelport at Industry events
- Establish Enterprise Alignment on Strategic Direction: Responsible for bringing compelling and clearly articulated propositions with associated business cases to appropriate governance board for approval.
- Product Prioritization: Accountable for transitioning approved propositions into the product management team and delivery organization; but is not responsible for the solution or delivery.
- Def & Del Partnership: Consulted by product management during delivery process where clarification is required and informed by product management on go-live dates
- Market Launch Collaboration: Collaborates with product marketing providing content, expertise, input, targets and approving marketing and go-to-market plans
- Fiscal Planning: Key stakeholder in the annual budgeting and prioritisation process - responsible for contributing well defined propositions with supporting business cases.
- Foster Culture of Ideas through Action: Encourages and acts on ideas from product management or any place in or outside the organization to generate propositions into well defined business cases
What we’re looking for in you:
- Extension knowledge and experience within Digital Media.
- Strong leadership experience, managing multiple senior stakeholders
- Experience of software product management experience in a technology business
- Excellent sector and market understanding with deep customer insight
- Solutions mind-set with significant experience of driving positive outcomes
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to define, articulate and gain buy in to new value propositions
- Advanced finance, data and analytics skills
As we understand how much we need to be right for you. You also need to have had some exposure to the following;
- Leads a small team and influences / leads global virtual teams across functions
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and able to handle ambiguity
- Gravitas - ability to operate at a senior level within the Travelport business and with customers
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Digital Media
- Digital Media Services