Independent and proud, the RIFT Group has been helping clients get the most from their money since 1999. From claiming tax refunds for individuals through to helping small business innovators claim R&D Tax Credits, we combine world-class expertise with inexhaustible passion.
- Highly competitive salary (DOE);
- performance related discretionary bonus;
- private health cover;
- life cover x4 times salary;
- contributory pension;
- 25 days annual leave plus the 8 bank holidays;
- company sick pay;
- monthly fresh fruit and month-end lunches;
- warm and friendly working environment;
- passionate colleagues with great team spirit; and
- discounts via our intranet site including cinema tickets and local restaurants.
About the role...
This role calls for an individual who can lead from the front. You will have strong hands on knowledge of online marketing and customer acquisition disciplines. As Head of Digital you’ll be responsible for the strategic leadership and management of our online marketing acquisition strategy across all Paid Search, Social, Display Advertising, Referral and Email. You’ll lead the digital marketing team and agencies to ensure that marketing efficiencies are achieved and to develop the ongoing strategy for how they attract, convert and retain customers.
The emphasis is on digital channels but will require interaction with other channels managed by others in the Marketing team. The role requires an individual with a strong track record in developing creative solutions to achieve challenging metrics. Strong communication beliefs, deep analytical abilities and a collaborative management style will be necessary to deliver against expectations in this challenge. You’ll initially be managing a team of 4 plus external agencies.
You’ll be comfortable working in a family owned SME (circa 170 employees), have a proactive approach and be prepared to roll up your sleeves and understand the detail, as much as recommend and review strategy. The business has a fast yet friendly pace. This is a high-profile position, with maximum senior stakeholder exposure and it comes with significant autonomy and responsibility.
A bit about our culture…
Culture is a word used to describe people's 'way of life', meaning the way groups do things. Every company has a culture, but here at RIFT we have something truly unique. Passion for delighting our customers runs deep in our veins, whether you work directly with our customers or provide an internal service to our colleagues. This unwavering passion is what draws us together to provide a seamless and efficient journey for our customer.
In case you can’t already tell - we love our customers, and they stand at the centre of every business decision we make. Our intricate understanding of their pain points and desires has driven us over the past 15 years to sharpen our sector knowledge, resulting in the design of remarkable and trusted solutions that truly make an impact.
We laugh (a lot), speak the truth (and nothing but the truth) and push ourselves (and one another) to dominate the world of tax refunds. We know that happy employees deliver, which in turn creates happy customers who return. For this very reason, we have developed an environment that enables our colleagues to realise not only our dream but that of their own.
- Minimum of 8 years proven, hands on online acquisition marketing experience in a direct response market with at least 5 at a senior decision making level.
- Experience in developing and implementing holistic online marketing strategies from the ground up including financial evaluation.
- P&L and/or budgetary responsibility for marketing spend.
- A record of meeting and/or exceeding budget targets.
- Entrepreneurial background of measured risk taking and/or growing businesses in competitive markets.
- Applying an analytical and commercial approach to online acquisition.
- Experience of using data, profitability drivers and an analytical approach to decision making.
- Proven ROI track record in managing agencies for PPC, Social and SEO.
- Data driven and analytical - you will create and manage through an environment of performance indicators and analysis.
- Results focused with a high degree of commercial awareness.
- Blend of strategic thinking and analytical capability coupled with a very hands-on, execution focus.
- Strong and dynamic leader who can inspire the current team as well as attract new talent to the business.
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced environment and is both comfortable with ambiguity and flexible to change within an evolving business model.
- Expert Microsoft Excel and Google Analytics skills.
- Embodies the RIFT Core Values: Reliable, Integrity, Friendly, Tenacious.
Our business is in a good place right now, but where we are going is even better! For your chance to join the RIFT movement, submit your CV via the link below.
*Please note the closing date for applications is the 26th of January 2018*
- Marketing Strategy
- Google Analytics
- Paid Search Campaigns