Supporting the clinical services by working with internal and external stakeholders in developing digital healthcare and supporting initiatives to develop better outcomes for people who use their services. This will require someone who wants to improve healthcare and drive forward change within the organisation through strategic direction and robust operations and help provide a solid base for clinical improvements both now and in the future.
Position: Head of Digital Infrastructure and Operations
Location: Leatherhead, Surrey
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Salary: £62K to £64.5K per annum (41 days leave per annum including bank holidays)
Close date: 15th February 2018
About the role:
This leadership role is accountable for the totality of Digital (IT) infrastructure and operations (I&O) in the Trust and for commissioned services on behalf of its partners / customers. The Head of Digital I&O is responsible for the effective and efficient delivery of all third-party and internally managed IT infrastructure used to support all business process across the Trust.
This individual is responsible for operational and service management processes to ensure quality, efficiency and agility goals are achieved. As a member of the Digital Technology senior leadership team, the role contributes to the development and execution of the enterprise wide Digital strategy, and ensures its alignment with the client's business and clinical strategies and the delivery of capabilities required to achieve success.
- Sets the mission and vision of the I&O organisation to foster a business-oriented culture and mindset driven by continual service improvement techniques
- Leads the development of the I&O strategy and roadmap, and ensures its integration with the overall Digital and enterprise strategic plans
- Takes the lead in the development of enterprise technology standards, governance process and performance metrics to ensure Digital Technology delivers value to the Trust
- Works with the Trust Leadership Team, providing in-depth technical expertise in support of Trust-wide and health economy business decisions
- Drives development of the technology and solution architectures, infrastructure planning, lifecycle, engineering and deployment
- Provide a Service Management framework for the Trust including establishing robust SLAs and KPIs
- Identifies and implements best practices for optimising infrastructure and operations costs, improving system performance, and ensuring service-level requirements are met
- Maintains currency on new technologies and platforms and provides direction on what emerging technologies should be assimilated, integrated and introduced
- Facilitates communications across Digital groups, user and customer communities at all levels through both and formal and informal networks
- Manages Technology and Digital resource requirements to ensure an appropriate balance between tactical and strategic demands
- Directs teams of technical, professional and management staff in the successful fulfilment of Digital Technology service, programme, architecture, applications, infrastructure delivery commitments
- Forecasts future skill needs to acquire and develop an I&O workforce with the appropriate mix of business knowledge, technical skills and competencies
- Provides leadership, coaching and direction to the I&O leadership team and staff
- Masters degree in a relevant subject or equivalent experience
- Evidence of sustained personal and professional development in IT management, Service Management, technical management and / or architecture design. e.g. ITIL, TOGAF, CCIE, MCSE etc
- Extensive experience in IT Infrastructure, Operations and Service.
- Significant experience in management in a large organisation circa 1000+.
- Experience with developing complex technical architectures / solutions and service structures across enterprise environments
- Preferably proven experience or demonstrated capability in leading IT transformational initiatives in complex and dynamic environments
- Demonstrated experience in strategic planning, organisation design and development
You may have experience of the following: Head of Digital Infrastructure and Operations, IT Manager, Head of IT, Head of Infrastructure, Head of Infrastructure and Operations, IT Infrastructure Manager, Information Systems Manager, IT Infrastructure Support Manager, IT Operations Manager, Operations Manager, Project Manager, etc.
This vacancy is being advertised by EasyWeb Recruitment, the UK’s leading Online Recruitment Agency. The services advertised by EasyWeb Recruitment are those of an employment agency. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of gender, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, or belief, and we confirm that we will gladly accept all applications.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job