A Head of Development is needed who can take a team of developers to create an Agile and motivated team that deliver exceptional products and service.
This company is looking for someone who is technically strong and has a history of hands-on development in Microsoft technologies and has the ability to communicate technology with the development team and external stakeholders. The Head of Development will be a good communicator, is enthusiastic and doesn't "just manage" but comes up with ideas and actively participates, leads and inspires the team.
They are looking for someone with some of the following experience:
- Implemented the Agile methodology
- Previously a good developer using Microsoft technologies
- Experience team that develop using of User Story and working collaboratively with analysts and SMEs/Product owners
- Worked in a legal environment
- Managed teams of people
- Ability to prioritise varying demands and manage time effectively. Able to plan, prioritise and meet deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, able to communicate in a clear and concise manner, understanding the message to be conveyed.
- Flexible approach with the ability to remain calm under stressful situations
- Demonstrable commitment to providing a quality service
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Working with other Heads of Function to establish a long term technology roadmap and architecture for the Group
- Resource management / allocation
- Development estimates
- Drives agenda for Agile development
- Day to day team management and motivation of the team
- Agree SMART objectives and ensure performance reviews are completed
- Represent the Development function at project board meetings
- Ensures that the correct development techniques are applied to projects (Agile, Waterfall etc)
- Creates development KPI's and monitors individual performance
- Recruit and select staff professionally and fairlyOwns and delivers appropriate sections of the Group IT Risk Treatment Plan
To apply for this role please contact Jack Donohue on or email on