Head of Development
Head of Development - .NET, SQL
Brighton, East Sussex
Head of Development required by a highly successful and fast growing software technology company based in vibrant Brighton, East Sussex. The Head of Development will inherit a highly intelligent and successful software development team, who produce outstanding results. The Head of Development will be part of the senior management team and will have overall responsibility for the strategic delivery of software development.
The relevant Head of Development will want to work for this client; not just because of the unparalleled awesome atmosphere and culture, but also because they offer the following:
- Basic salary between £70k - £80k (depending on experience / relevance)
- 25 days annual leave plus Bank Holidays
- Private Medical Insurance
- Life Assurance (4 x salary)
- 5% Employer contribution Pension Scheme
- Flexible benefits including additional holiday, childcare vouchers, ride to work etc.
- Free on-site massages!
- Fortnightly 'wind-down' afternoons (drinks, pizza, games)
A few details about the role
As the Head of Development, you will be in a newly created role - just for you! This will be an exciting, diverse, challenging and rewarding role and some of your many duties and responsibilities will include:
- Inspiring, motivating, management and leading the .NET development teams; ensuring all lines of engagement are satisfied in order to product outstanding work
- Line managing of team leaders and senior technical staff, performing 1-2-1's and setting delivery strategies and timeframes / expectations
- Ownership of the strategic direction of software development and technology
- Delivering business objectives within the business roadmap and collaborating with the senior management team
- Representing the development team at board level management meetings
What you need to be the successful candidate
Unfortunately, the desire to the role isn’t quite enough (although it's a big part), you will also need:
- Strong leadership skills and accountability
- An excellent track record as a Lead Developer and / or Architect within a .NET development environment, utilising technologies such as C#, ASP.NET MVC and SQL Server
- A strong customer / client and stakeholder management focus with experience of working on pure funded internal product / software development projects as well as 3rd part funded product / software development projects
- Experience of working within a commercial software development / technology company, preferably in a SaaS environment and various development methodologies - Agile / Scrum, TDD, Waterfall etc.
- Ability to remain a calm and reassuring influence in a dynamic project driven environment
- Fantastic communication skills throughout the whole company spectrum, from tea boy to company founder
- A good sense of humour, and who knows how to have a bit of fun along the way!
If you feel this position is made for you and you would like more details, please apply via the link or contact me directly via my website or LinkedIn.
Richmond Square Consulting
Focus current job titles include: Head of Software Development, Head of Software Engineering, Software Development Manager, Technical Manager, Lead Software Developer, Lead .NET Developer, Lead Architect, .NET Architect
Focus technical skills: C#, ASP.NET MVC, SQL Server, .NET, SaaS, Agile, TDD, Scrum
- Development Management
- Software Development
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job